LR Identification

in article buenv5$t1k$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com, Tim at snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote on 18/1/2004 7:48 pm:

enter you vin number and it should tell you what you have

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

How can I identify which Series and mark Landrover I have just bought?

The details I have, on the Log Book are:

Land Rover

88" 4Cyl Light 4 x 4 Utility

First registered Aug 1982

3499 KG Gross Petrol 2286 CC

Other info is that it is a Hard Top, SWB

Many thanks in advance for any info.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I'd be fairly confident in saying that you have a short-wheelbase (i.e. 88 inch) Series 3, with a petrol 2.25 litre engine.

What more do you need to know?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

, might be worth putting yourchassis # in there and seeing what comes up

Reply to
sam

Thanks, will give it a go once I have found the number.... log book not back yet.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

The number should be on a plate on the bulkhead. Might be on the engine side, or on the inside, but its fairly obvious in either. Also, should be stamped on the chassis on the drivers side front chassis leg (just behind the bumper, and above the front of the spring mount.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Twas Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:48:54 +0000 (UTC) when "Tim" put finger to keyboard producing:

That'd be a series 3 SWB.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Reply to