LR90 Jumping out of Reverse...

HI All After my off road session at the weekend my 1987 LR90 jumps out of reverse. Even if I hold the gearstick in position it still jumps out ;-( Anyone got a solution... other than a recon gearbox... or sell it!!! Thanks

Reply to
Rubberjony

On or around Sat, 1 Nov 2008 09:39:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@btinterrnet.com enlightened us thusly:

probably detent springs or something.

once, after an off-road session in the 110 with the auto box, it refused to shift up beyond second. It stayed like that 'til about half way through the next day, then it decided it would allow 3rd, and a bit later went back to normal.

Later, the box died from a fried A clutch and had to be replaced, but I did only give 100 quid for it.

Puffernutter, if you're getting worried at this point, the one in it now is the replacement :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Isn't reverse engaged by sliding an idler gear into position, i.e. not constantly engaged. On the s3 gearbox jumping out of reverse meant the leading edges of the idler had been worn off.

AJH

Reply to
andrew