LROI Tacho in Europe for 12 seater ??

According to LROI a Tacho is needed for European travel ? I always thought LR had a special status and did'nt need one for France etc. Sure someone here told me that some years ago.

Reply to
Hirsty's

Can't say I've heard of that requirement unless you fall foul of the 3.5 ton weight limitation and that shouldn't apply for personal use anyway, still I dont do international or PSV have a squint at

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek

I've taken mine to France and had no problems, and not heard of it either. I would hazard a guess that as it's (presumably!) UK registered, and your not living in France, you'd have to meet a particularly bored copper to worry about it. It may be worth checking with your insurers though, that sounds like it could be a neat get-out clause for them.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

NFU, but they arent worried. However the reg does stand and I agree it has to be a real jobsworth that bothers. I am the type that likes to know exactly how I stand so as to be able to tell them what to do if I get bothered ! I had advice from the past that said LR had some kind of dispensation when we entered EU all those years ago, this is why it intrigues me. The same as the MoT after a year for a 110 12 seater that I was'nt told about when I bought mine new from a LR dealer. It took me months to get to the bottom of it and I still dont really beleive I needed the 12 month MoT as no one else classifies them as mini-buses. least of all Ken and his poxy Conjestion Charge.

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

I'm with the NFU too.

I can't say I've heard that either, and I think it's unlikely that a particular marque would be picked out. I could beieve that there was some agreement that as we have different legislation about entitlements we'd respect each others laws for non-residents.

That indeed is a very unlear area. If it's a bus, we can use bus lanes, but not use lane 3 of the motorway etc etc. Personaly I just treat it as car until I hear otherwise, not least as I'd love some one to prove to me whether it's a 10 or 12 searter ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

saw a new (to me) sign in London today: ".... except tfl authorised buses"

Reply to
William Tasso

You are safe enough of the outside lane of motorways that restriction applies over 7,5t still get passed by coaches on the motorway tho I reckon that sign is clarification for the wisearses who drive people carriers in bus lanes so far as I am aware if it aint plated as a PSV it aint a bus so far as the bus lanes go of course that won't apply to beamers and mercs and spotty gits in GTi wannabes. I was leaving the M6 down the D-road slip thursday and was passed on the hard shoulder by a number of tw*ts driving on the hard shoulder at speed had I been in the truck they would be collecting their wings by now thats a rule made for a purpose but seldom inforced more cameras I reckon . Derek

Reply to
Derek