LT77 input shaft swap

Is it possible to swap the long input shaft and bell housing from a LT77 Disco I gearbox with a short input shaft and bell housing from a LT77 used in a. 90". The goal is to make the 200TDI engine gear box combination shorter to make it fit for a 90".

Thanks,

Jerry

Reply to
Cobra1736

I think so, but check the number of teeth on the input gear, I seem to remember an issue with long shaft v8 input shafts not fitting short shaft boxes unless you replaced the layshaft as well, due to a differing ratio there. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

My 2 penneth, sell the gearbox you have then buy the short LT77. Good V8 gearboxes are worth half as much again as normal short boxes so you should come out with a little cash bonus.

Regards, Roy.

Reply to
LR90