Mach 5 rims source

Looking to import 5 x Mach 5's to South Africa. Who is the best in the UK to approach on both price and exports?

Also comment ...what offset should I opt for with BF MT's 265's on a 2 inch lift and EVO II Scorpion suspension?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey

Contact Matt Lee via

They are the sole distributors of Mach 5's

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Erm, no. They're the sole manufacturers of Mach 5s ;-)

Reply to
Mother

I showed some of them to the wife the other day, she said they look nice but had that 'don't even think about buying any for that shed!' look in her eye. ah well.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Thanx for all the advice ...I'll worry about the missus when they arrive ;-)

Another question ...EVO II suspension, 2 inch OME lift and 265/75x16 MT's ...any suggestions on office if any? Pro and con?

Reply to
Aubrey

The modulars are nicer :-)

Trick is to try and make her think it's her idea. Worked for me...

Reply to
Mother

If you go for the Mach 5s make sure you balance the rims before you put any tyres on them. That way, when you do put the tyres on, you've got a fighting chance of getting them balanced afterwards.

I.m not sure that Matt will ship to South Africa direct but IIRC Scorpion Racing will supply Mach 5s so if you are already buying one of their suspension kits then you can combine shipping.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

I originally contacted him through Simmonites cos he is married to one of the sisters. At one time he was actually importing the rims from South Africa. My first set were crap, the rims bent easily whenever you hit anything hard. Also the edge of the rim was too open and grit would get in between the tyre and the rim and eventually allow the air to leak. Second set I had were much much better, he'd got a new rim supplier. As someone has already mentioned balancing them can be a bit of a pig but they look the biz.

Reply to
hugh

He makes his own rims.

Mother

It's a while since I last spoke to him - a few years. At that time he had started making his own alloy rims but was still buying in the steels.

Reply to
hugh

I don't know if these are of any interest but, by some coincidence, I was speaking to Patrick of Maddison 4x4 this evening and he asked if I knew anyone who might be interested in some second hand Mach 5s. Having read your post, I asked him if he could ship the to SA if you were interested and he said that wouldn't be a problem as they have a vehicle going to SA soon. He wants 250 UKP for the set of 5, for shipping you'll have to contact him.

Anyway, if they are of interest there is an advert on their web site...

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

Mail sent ...thanx for the tip.