Mark1 LHD

Hi guys,

I've picked up a mark 1 which has been converted by some plod to NA from the EFi V8. I'm trying to figure out the best thing to do with it as it's currently a royal PITA.

I'm thinking either sort it back to EFi or swap out for a deisel motor. Seems ok apart from a badly fitted windscreen and a stuck diff changer.

Oh. I'm based in Northern BC in Canada too so parts are a little tricky to come by.

Cheers in advance.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Bruce, many of us won't have any idea what modle you are refering to. Wild guess is a Range Rover classic style as you mention EFi ?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

... and one assumes that by NA you mean carburetted rather than injected

- yes/no? Naturally aspirated (NA) cf turbo/supercharged is something different again.

What makes you think that the carburetted engine (if that's what it is) wasn't fitted from new? Did you buy something that was older than you thought?

Reply to
Dougal

Hmm, I took NA to mean North American as in NAS, not that it helped any, I'm not familiar with a Mk 1 anyplace in the Land Rover range.

Reply to
GbH

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I merant to say, it's a mark 1 Discovery.

In North America they were only sold with the V8 EFi engine although mine has since been converted to carburetted.

Hope this helps and thanks for the replies already.

Regards

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

In what way is it a PITA? If it's flooding the carbs it may still have the high pressure EFI fuel pump fitted in the tank, or is it missing because of bad HT leads? Are the carburttors Strombergs with the diaphragms that split causing it to run weak? Hard to tell without a little more enlightenment. Badger's your man for V8s anyway, he might help, he knows lots more than me about them.

Oily

Reply to
Oily