Melting light switch

Probably help if we knew what sort of Landrover you are talking about. JD

Reply to
JD

....and also if you had driving lamps/spots fitted.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Tue, 31 May 2005 20:30:09 +0000 (UTC), "Steve" enlightened us thusly:

bet it's a 90/110. crappy bloody switches.

best bet is to rewire it with 30A relays, one for headlamps and another for driving lamps if fitted.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Have you upgraded the headlamps - perhaps using higher rated 100/85 bulbs - the extra load has been known to melt the switch housing as it is not designed for any load above 55/65 watts.

Also if spotlamps have been wired off the high beam circuit without a relay, this has the same effect of putting excess load onto the switch terminals which get too hot.

David

Reply to
David J. Button

Hallo, my light switch on rhe steering consol is melting. That mains that I can't switch my lights to normal driving lights. But I have heard of a modification for this problem. can some one help with how I do this.

M.V.G.V. M.Hamelijnck

Reply to
m.hamelijnck

Put relays is to switch main & dip beam, just using the actual dip switch to trigger the relays.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

On or around Tue, 31 May 2005 23:12:29 +0000 (UTC), "David J. Button" enlightened us thusly:

that was what I had on mine; however a new switch sorted it. Except that the new switch had poor connectivity between it's pins until I soldered 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Why, was that a bad year for Defenders (that you are sorry you got one??)?

Reply to
David J. Button

I'am sorry that I didn't say that, but it is a defender TD5 from the year

2000
Reply to
m.hamelijnck

Hallo, I have get to watch after my defender TD5 than I can answer al this quwertions. I do own the car now for one month so I have got to learn a lot but all the help is welkom.

M.V.G.V. MAARTEN

Reply to
m.hamelijnck

I am sorry I have got a defender TD5 out of the year 2000

Reply to
m.hamelijnck

Now David, play nicely - just because the man's English isn't quite as good as yours is no reason to take the piss and confuse him.

Reply to
EMB