Misfire on cylinder 43?

For those who like big engines. . . . . . ;-)

Exit

Bloody eck. I wonder what it sounds like? Wish he'd post a wav...

And what's the economy like?

David French

Oh, there's sound on the video, if you turn the speakers on :)

Reply to
David French

God I am soooo sad - I had to look/listen....

Hmmmm 4.2 litres? Why not just shove a nice, short block V8 in there and then you could reach the handlebars without straining your hernia?

Wonder where I could find a 4.2 short block V8?? ;-)

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

On or around Fri, 02 Jan 2004 21:09:19 GMT, "Exit" enlightened us thusly:

there's a movie clip of it running somewhere if you hunt around on the web.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Austin Shackles" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

Yeah, here can it be found:

line one there's the words "click here" for the video...

Reply to
aghasee

In article , aghasee writes

It doesn't look mobile though, and one wonders about how muh air can get pat those carbs...

... brilliant advert though for them as motor-engineers.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

"SpamTrapSeeSig" schreef in bericht news:kAf3d4Qaqg9$ snipped-for-privacy@muircom.demon.co.uk

As far as I can see the carbs are Bing's, used on the BMW boxer engines, delivering air for about 5 to 600cc each in original config. Here it's 700cc each. Shouldn't be that bad...

Indeed, quite an achievement.

Reply to
aghasee

All I got when I clicked on the bit for the video was a load of gobbledgook.

Reply to
Nikki

Very clever bloke who built it. I can't imagine that its that easy to ride.

Reply to
Nikki

In article , Nikki writes

Does take a wee while to load (and we have not-quite-thinband), and it's startup and tickover on the stand.. Although the web pages claims it can be ridden, I'd nae try it!

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Sounds like a bag of nails - but then, as the S1 and KH250 kwackers always sounded like a bag of nails anyway, perhaps it sounds like lots of bags of nails.

Fair play, though - an outstanding engineering achievement.

FWIW, the S1/KH250 were triple cylinder 2-strokes. That's 48/3 = 16 engines. But each engine was (IIRC) 248cc, so that makes 3968cc. How do they get it to 4200?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

There's one law of nature which is always true: V8's sound better...

It has custom crankshafts...

Reply to
aghasee

How about V12s? No experience myself.

David French

an example of all I get

1?4(?]
Reply to
Nikki

In article , aghasee writes

I love the idea of being pulled over whilst riding it, "Thank you sir. Would you now stop the OTHER engine too please?"

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

On or around Sat, 03 Jan 2004 17:18:12 +0000, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

ah. doesn;t like your browser, or not got the right plugin.

you could try "save link as" or equivalent and then try opening the resulting file.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"David French" schreef in bericht news:bt6rlo$3s76u$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-160280.news.uni-berlin.de

V12's are bigger engines, thus cooler, but they don't sound as nice as a V8. :-) I read an explanation somewhere on the net (can't find the link anymore) why V8's have this distinctive sound, it has something to do with the firing order iirc. Drysdale in Australia builds a "V8" from 2 straight four's and the sound doesn't even comes close.

Reply to
aghasee

never thought of that.

probably the old iMac I'm using. Getting new one tomorrow - combined birthday and christmas present.

Reply to
Nikki

We've seen a trike with a Jag V12 engine in it a a bike show before now. It towed a small caravan.

Reply to
Nikki