Model/Type on V5

Which of Solihull's finest products have "2-axle-rigid body light 4x4 utility" as the description on their V5?

This isn't one of those "I just wondered" queries - I really do need to know whether (as I suspect) it's the description used _only_ for some proper Land Rovers, and never for Range Rovers.

Reply to
Autolycus

I'd suspect that the pickup variants would get this along with oddballs like the 130 doublecab. I may be wrong though.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

My IIa hard top is described on the V5c (newer type) as:

Body type: Light 4x4 utility Wheelplan: 2-axek-rigid body

HTH

Reply to
Pete Foster

Likewise my LWB 2a. It also has a 3499kg gross revenue weight - whatever that is :-)

Regards Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

My 1975 Series III 109 Hard Top (with side windows) is described as: Body type Motor Caravan Wheel plan 2-Axle-Rigid body

Wonder why this is? It's definately not a caravan, it's empty, not even got any rear seats in it. Got carpet though.....

Alan C

Reply to
cutlea01

My IIa's are 2-axle rigid body Light 4x4 Utility

My III is described as 109" 6-cyl light 4x4 utlitity

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:52:10 +0100, "Autolycus" enlightened us thusly:

the 2-axle rigid body is the wheelplan.

the "light utility" is the body type.

mine has the former but the body type is listed as "estate".

so was the 110, I see.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The lightweight V5 says the same. Have been to DVLA Peterborough today to sort out its reg. It was released in 1982, and got an X plate, but was made in 1976, and even said so on the V5. Could see all sorts of fun with it when it goes for MOT.

For once they were bloody helpful, all I had to do was sign a statement saying that I wanted to get an age related plate, and that was it. New V5 is being sent to me!

The V5 for the Series 3 88" also says 88" on the V5

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

Thank you, good sirs, for your replies. Being concerned that the description on my latest Range Rover's V5/2 (haven't seen the whole V5 ('nother story)) didn't seem correct for the vehicle, I began to wonder what Swansea had recorded as the VIN. The insolent tartlet refused to tell me anything at all, though she said the DVLA office "might", if I went along in person. So I breathed deeply and coughed up 20 quid to Carwatch, who told me the recorded VIN. It's wrong, of course: the numbers at the end are correct, but there are three characters missing. It is, however, a Range Rover VIN (SALLH). So it's a mess, and Swansea's data checking is so sophisticated it didn't even throw up that the VIN was the wrong length.

The really funny thing is the MoT certificate, which has exactly the same three characters missing. Every MoT tester I've watched has written the VIN down from the VIN plate, which is "correct". So I reckon it was an MoT by telephone, which accounts for a lot. Unfortunately, I'm outside the period I can appeal.

Better try driving it now I've put lots of nice new bits on it.

Reply to
Autolycus