Monroe gas shocks and anti roll bars

I was about to fit Monroe gas shocks all round on my '91 Range Rover, but apparently there is'nt a rear Monroe shock compatible with anti roll bars. Has anyone else come across this?, I cannot see any reason why there should be a problem (There are already a very knackered pair fitted to Range). Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Matt

I have monroe shocks and antirol bars fitted to my Defender 90, I never considered that an antiroll bar could be incompatible with a shock absorber. The handling's great though and you can drive it like a sports car without any body roll, I've even had some opposite lock on occasion, the ride's a bit on the firm side but it's worth it for the performance. Fit the shocks, i can't see there'll be any issues with them.

Fergus

Reply to
fergus.kendall

I have just fitted same on my 96 300Tdi Disco with anti roll bars and I had no problem. I could certianly feel the difference and would definitely recommend it.

Regards Stephen

Reply to
fanie

On or around Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:31:51 +0200, "fanie" enlightened us thusly:

I was tempted, but ended up ordering standard ones for now. can't argue with a pair of dampers at 16 quid odd. maybe in a few months I'll treat it to some decent gas ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I found the Monroe europe website today, there is no mention of anti roll bars, only vehicles with or without air suspension. The Monroe part numbers for my vehicle year match the numbers on the Paddock website, so I will order those.

Thanks for the replies.

Reply to
Matt