Monster Garage

I think I've just seen the worst progamme ever on TV! :-s

Reply to
Exit

At last - common ground!!!!

It was utter dogshat.

Reply to
Nige

It isnt very good, but theres a lot worse on TV!

Reply to
Tom Woods

I'd have agreed with you up to the moment when they machine gunned all that work, and all that lovely gear.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

It's a pity really, it could have been an excellent series.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Sorry have to disagree, what about Top Gear testing 4x4's ??

Reply to
Hirsty's

Machine gunning is too good for the presenters of Top Gear.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

:-)))

Reply to
Hirsty's

I missed it - come on, somebody spill the beans...

Reply to
David French

'Machine gunned...' are we watching the same episode. The one saw last night had a Pontiac Firebird (I think) which they had to modify into a 4x4 and it had to complete a 4x4 course racing against a Bowler Wildcat. My kids loved it! 2 went for the Wildcat to win, 1 went for the 'Monster Truck ' as they called it. Needless to say the Bowler Wildcat flew around the track, half a minute quicker than the pontiac, until the water splash where the Wildcats' driver went to fast, the bow wave went over the bonnet and got into the engine stalling it! What a muppet!

Reply to
Wolverine

in article 40ca2ffe$0$4593$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, David French at snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net wrote on 11/6/04 11:19 pm:

They basically have one bloke - the presenter, who gets together with various people to cut up and modify a vehicle. I've seen the one where they made a pipe organ and put it into the back of a van, the one where they made a refuse collector and a the one that got machine gunned was a modified car with a special wheel on the back to help it get some traction which they raced against two cars built especially for racing on the sand.

American Chopper was a much better series and I know Bruce would love to have one of the motorbikes.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

I was told it was driven by Drew Bowler himself.

You can take that foor out of your mouth, now......

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

It was Drew and he did drive like a muppet. . . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

It must be hard to drive an awesome thing like the Wildcat carefully around an off-road course like that, but hey...surely the thought of losing to a piece of cack ( ...the end result, not the work that went into it!) like the 'Dirty Bird' would have scared you enough!

Reply to
Wolverine

You'd have thought so wouldn't you? He was so far ahead of that wobbly pos that he could've got out and walked the water trough and still won but he had to gun it like a noob! :(

The water was only up to his bumper - a few mph less and he would've cruised it. And I know all about being careful in deep water having off-roaded for many years in a 90 V8! :)

Reply to
Exit