More damp

Greetings

Vehicle: '95 Discovery V8 ES

In this forgotten corner of Land Rover land, the bank holiday weekend was up to spec with more rain & wind than you'd want in one go.

The one thing I hate about damp days is the sticky steering wheel thing - you know when the wheel feels as though it's slowly disintegrating with every turn. Any cure that doesn't involve replacing the damn thing?

Cheers.

Reply to
William Tasso

Is it one of the leather covered ones like mine. A good clean and dry off seems to cure it for a while as I use it for work and it gets a bit mucky if I leave it.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

In article , Oily writes

I had mould growing on Marge's steering wheel a while back (leather version, presumably as Martin's). In desperation I gave it a wipe over with a very bleach-soaked rag, then a wash off with detergent (washing-up liquid in water). I thought I'd had done for it, but to my surprise it came up quite well. A lot of surface crud was loosened by the bleach and it killed the mould really well.

It's threatening mould again (getting excessively sticky in wet weather), so I may give it another treatment. Very much caveat emptor (or whatever) though - if you ruin the finish don't blame me, as Marge is 19 years old and a bit wobegone and I'd nothing to lose as a result.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

I gave mine a wipe over with a cloth doped with methanol worked a treat. Derek Disco 300TDi Miles Disco 200TDi Kato

Reply to
Derek

I find those cleaners that use orange oil (Flash etc) very good at removing accumulated grime from steering wheels.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Stewart