More Freelander rear-door woes

A few weeks ago I posted about a problem with the rear door on the wife's Freelander 'playing dead'. After a couple of days, it decided to kick back into life and all was well.

Well, today it decided to do it again. This time, I managed to get the interior trim panel off and the water barrier (which tends to fragment in your hands as your removing it :-( ). Much twiddling of wires failed to yield any clues. However, after some further twiddling with the wires to the switch in the locking mechanism, the lock started to operate and the door could be opened. Only once it had been opened, did I realise that the window hadn't lowered. As you can imagine, I was somewhat relieved to realise that the glass hadn't shattered in the process. However, it then dawned on me that I couldn't shut the door because the window still couldn't be persuaded to go down :-O Fortunately, I managed to get the door closed again by carefully 'bending' the window back under the plastic strip above the door frame.

Much more twiddling and there's still no sign of life, except the lock is operating. Window won't operate either automatically or manually. The boot courtesy light stays on for about 20 minutes before giving up and switching off. Arming the alarm causes it to beep the horn - it thinks the back door (or window) is still open.

Anyone got any more ideas? Where's the ECU that controls the rear window?

I'm stumped. TIA.

Reply to
Steve Morgan

Steve

The only thing I can add is that out Freebie did the same thing a couple of months ago. Fortunately, it is still under dealer warrenty, so it went back for them to fix. It did take them nearly a week to get the replacement bits though, even thought they are within spitting distance of Solihull which made me smile. It's Ok now, and i'm still nun the wiser as to what they did to it. The window winding down every time you open the door is a right PITA IMO, and i'm expecting it to be a problem again, so when you find out what's the matter, probably you could let me know, so I know what to do to it next time:-)

Lofty

Reply to
Lofty