More tax on Wednesday

These people need to realise that just because a car has a bigger engine size doesn't make it a gas guzzler!

My partners Freelander TD4 does less than half the millage of my 1.6 ford escort. I'm up and down the country 2-3 times a week, at about 40 quids worth of petrol at a time. both cars almost the same of fuel efficiency and I polute a hell of a lot more than my parner.

But who gets taxed to oblivion for poluting.....yep this being the uk it the car that polutes the least.

Taxing engine size/car size alone doesn't and will never work.

A Rver 2.0 VVC turbo in a fiberglas GTM sports car gets 50+ to the gallon (an goes like stink) much much more that my 1.6 ford. But as its 2 litre it'll get stung for tax........weres the sense????

Reply to
Vertuas

In message , Vertuas writes

We're talking about politicians - they don't do sense.

Reply to
hugh