Morph bares all.

Cover your eyes!

nearly there now!

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

If your mum ever gets fed up with the decadent life in the South, please do pass on my invite for her to come and experience some Northern air :-)

Smashing job - I hope you appreciate her! (My mum would have said something quite un-mumly)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

wish mine looked like that :-( but I got quite a few more hours before Gemma even close.

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy and I can't drive any of them :-(
"Lee_D"

I don't suppose i could park my 101 up round at your parent's for a bit could I? :-)

Looking very bare!. Do you now have to drive around like that for the next few months until you can spray it? Or are you just going to hope for some dry weekends?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yup one top Mum...definately got Landrover i the Blood

:-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Weekend? Whats one of them then???? AH I remember..that event at the end of a 5 day week :-) I'm hoping to get it sprayed as soon as my pocket money is up to the paint purchase. But thats not a problems as I've got a few dents still to filler...the shots of the off side show origional MVEE filler so proof filler was used on military trucks... I.e. it was between the bronze green and the cackey camo.

I've also some trickery to do with the front bulkhead involving a magic wand, countersunk rivets and a big plate of ally.

The interior is mid alteration too. Oh and a side door if I can bring myself to cut a hole into it....the jury is still out on that at the mo given we now have a caravan it's not so much of a priority.

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

Weekends are far too short arnt they!

I had a quick go with the nitromors on mine today.. Its going to be a long job!.

I reckon ive only got about 5 or 6 layers of paint, but it doesnt come off that easily :( I seem to have 2 layers of green+black, then a layer of sand, then 2 more green and black's. On the bit i tried anyway..

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:29:51 +0100, "Lee_D"

enlightened us thusly:

****** [1] me, I'll have to finish painting mine, or you'll beat me to it.

haven't concocted any pictures of mine recently.

CV joint, grease and swivel seal on order, as is a new headlamp/indicator switch, 'cos I'm fed up with the floppiest of the one that's on it.

[1] he said, effortlessly pronouncing a row of asterisks.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

..and I thought that stripping an SIII was a lot of work! I'll never complain again..

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Harton

You're both too late, I painted mine weeks ago.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

You didn't do it red did you?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

On or around Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:03:17 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

git.

been too busy, and when I did have some time spare, the weather was too bloody hot. Still not found a way of getting bloody county-stripe-glue off the panels, either. I tried painting over some of it with primer, and will try sanding it off to see if it results in a smooth finish. Not bothered about paint adhesion, the glue sticks far stronger than the paint...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Nope. Camo Green Matt with a 6" paint roller. Only took me 3 hours, and 2 litres of paint.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Heat gun and scraper. And go slow :(

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Now I quite fancy dark red.

;-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:26:39 +0100, William MacLeod enlightened us thusly:

well, yeah. actually, I used the sun - parked it side on to the sun, and since it's dark grey, the panels got nice and hot. Stripes came off a bit better that side, but still left glue behind. more glue the other side, didn't get it hot.

will cellulose thinners do owt to it? I've run out at the moment. Panel wipe stuff does take it off, slowly, but again, was so hot that the solvent in the stuff was evaporating virtually straight away.

Reply to
Austin Shackles