Mother

Any word on how Martyn is doing ? Have a giggle on his behalf at

(Martyns take on how to deal with cold callers.)

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Not heard a dickie bird, may drop him a line me thinks tomorrow.

Those cold calls are classics. I got one today, woke me up at 11.20 after a night shift, would switch it off but I'm on call.

I could do with a script for those calls, probably along the lines of "We don't use phones, this is just for emergencies, Do you have an emergency?" would do.

I could do with ringing some of these a*s*s up at 3.30 am and ask them if they would like my services :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Register them with some USA call service, that would get them woken early enough! I sorted out the fax callers many moons back. I came into the shop in the morning to find the 8' length of fax on the floor. I was livid so i taped it into a loop, dialled their number and pressed send watching it go on and on and ariston. Best £3 i ever spent on a call.

Wolfie

Reply to
lifeis

Lee> I could do with a script for those calls, probably along the Lee> lines of "We don't use phones, this is just for emergencies, Lee> Do you have an emergency?" would do.

might help.

Reply to
AndyC the WB

Whats up with him? Thought i aint seen him in a while?

Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

He vanished with an "I'm going to be ill for a while" message, which is concerning as I think he's been badly ill before.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Bugger, met the chap, nice bloke! Hope he's ok.

nige

Reply to
Nige

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Spoke to him earlier, He's resting basically, generally OK and has the unofficial in his diary pending owt unforseen.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Good stuff!!!

Reply to
Nige

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:18:14 GMT, "Derek" scribbled the following nonsense:

he's currently out floating around the warwickshire ring, and charlotte has multiple blisters, they had done over 100 locks when I spoke to him on Sunday, he was sat with a Guinness and a glass of wine!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

LOL - you made it sound like a a circuit for burglars!!! What the heck is the Warwickshire ring then?

Reply to
Nige

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:14:39 +0100, "Nige" scribbled the following nonsense:

Warwickshire ring then?

A whole series of canals, featuring amongst many others, the Grand Union

Simon Isaacs

You learn summat new every day day!! We live very close to the longest canal in the Uk, the Leeds - Liverpool!! Best place in the world on a nice day, not so good if it's melting it down!!

Reply to
Nige

Ah, that kind of illness ;-)

ISTR him saying he'd been given the death knell many years ago and had survived, so I'd been putting x and y together again and making 4.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:10:05 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

The lucky, lucky bastard.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:21:41 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

some sort of optical problem, I seem to recall, this time.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What, as in his eyes or the effect he has on others' ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

sounds like a perfectly balanced diet

Reply to
William Tasso

William Tasso uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I can say from experience that to be perfectly balanced you need a pint of Guinness and a pint of wine :-D

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

can you recall exactly when it was that you last felt perfectly balanced? surely not since dancing with the daughters of Solihul :)

Reply to
William Tasso