Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

I am seriously tempted by this....

And it's local to me.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hmm, I defo have a use for that Saracen - as its in the town with a problem motor dealer could be most useful

Think its road legal?

Si

Reply to
simonk

Oh... now were talking! I'd love to borrow that and park it on the carpark at work next to the gaffers car :-) should get a few pulses raised in my department and cause a bit of a stir to say the least :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Comments of "This is your new personal equipment" come to mind...

Si

Reply to
simonk

I've got a couple of photos somewhere of a camper conversion on one of these. They're seriously sexy, but if I were going to go for something large, I'd have to go and talk to Nick Kay about his Man 8x8

Reply to
Mother

Would you keep the Police livery, Alex? ;-)

The Saracen is nice (I think Anchor were selling theirs), but they really are cramped beyond belief and totally impossible to drive without taking out lots of pedestrians and street furniture (Hmm, thinking about it, perfect for Sheffield...)

How on earth you'd get a bunch of 8 kitted out squaddies, driver and nav in there is beyond me - having sat in one. They'd have to be very good friends with lashings of Brut 33!

Reply to
Mother

On or around Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:29:16 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

now that's cool. wish I had the money. plenty of scope for gas tanks on it as well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Could you claim milage? :-)

Reply to
Mother

Only a flat rate... I think I could just about get all my paperwork in the back and have enough space for Chips ans Curry (from the blue light run of course!) ;-)

Lee D.

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

snip

I'll have you know we were just good friends ... and I resent any suggestion otherwise. Oh happy memories :)))

LOL Steve G

Reply to
SteveG

in article yoD%b.79$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-win.server.ntli.net, Lee_D at snipped-for-privacy@histerminalhat.freeservecoat.co.uk wrote on 27/2/04

8:41:

Saricanns are nice but the transmition is a bit of a weekness, they wind up real easy. Pne pf my mates has a 120mm morter carrying half track (ww2 vintage) but moded by the Isrealies to take a Cummings diesel of (IIRC) 6.5 is Lts goes like a rocket on the roads but only about 60mph cross country and it's road legal. We sometimes go down the pub in it. The faces of the grockles you meet on the narrow countl lanes just has to be seen to be believed.

Reply to
Rory Manton

On or around Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:21:53 -0000, "simonk" enlightened us thusly:

I'd be more tempted by an Abbott SPG for that purpose though. Has the neat advantage of looking to the uninitiated like a tank, and has a sod-off gun on the front.

hmmm. wonder if you could smoothbore it and have it on a shotgun licence?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Do they have diffs ? My tame ex-army driver says they were 'orrible to drive, and corner too fast and you were guaranteed to lose a halfshaft

Steve

Reply to
Steve

in article 403f40ff$0$17808$ snipped-for-privacy@lovejoy.zen.co.uk, Steve at snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk wrote on 27/2/04 14:06:

Acording to the BMV 1981 they have one central and 4 star diffs, what that meens I don't know. Just out of interest.

Transfer box ratio 3.13:1 Prop shaft : Muff (!!!!!!!??) coupling Axles: Articulating shaft Ratios :Top 10.05:1 Bottom103.3:1

Reply to
Rory Manton

They are rather cramped. I'd prefer a Stollie, actually.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

It has a diff, but that's only after the main transfer box, before the bevel boxes to the wheels. Thus the wheels on each side are fixed together, no diffs between each wheel. In a straight line it's fine, off-road it's fine, but on-road it is often necessary to bump the wheels up and down kerbs to release the wind-up.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Can't beat a nice muff coupling after a long day green laning.

David

Reply to
David French

Look sonny, I'm 'kin warning you...

... any more talk like that and Charlotte may very well come looking for you with a set of very scary looking garden pruners...

Reply to
Mother