Motor hatch locked. Solutions ?

Hi all ! My '95 Range Rover 2,5DT had trouble to start, so I thought it would be a good idea to give a little kickstart with the other car's battery. But when I pulled the Hatch release, the plastic handle broke, and the hatch was still locked on one side (where the battery is.) I could manage to operate the handle with a screwdriver, but the thingy is desperately locked... Has anybody any idea or a solution to get the hatch open ? I'm not into paying a guy to tow the range to the garage because it won't start. TIA

-- Henry! 'No honey, the Range won't be sold... '

Reply to
Henry!

Hello, Henry!!

Molegrips on the cable?