MPG

Evening

The unofficial ended up being a total of just over 400 miles for me, of which the 300tdi managed 30.5 mpg, at an average motorway speed of 60ish.

Does this sound about right?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Seems a bit low, I can get more from the D2 auto on a run at thta speed. Is yours a TD5 or 300 series?

Reply to
Nige

I wouldn't be too upset with that. The roof lights and roll bar will add to the resistance too I guess. It's amazing the difference a few toys make.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

I get up to 31 and a tad on a good mainly motorway run, DII TD5 on cruise at 100kmh (62mph). Long term average over 2 1/2 years is 29.2mpg. Vechicle costs 30p/mile to run all in, apart from depreciation which adds another

20p/mile... B-(
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I was thinking of rotating the lights 90 degrees so that they hang down, rather than sitting proud. Might see if i can get round to it next weekend. Defenders are not the most aero dynamic of vehicles!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Doesn't sound *too* bad to me for something that has the aerodynamics of a brick

Noiw this one will make you cringe

12.8mpg

on lpg, so effectively 28mpg equivalent, given that my LPG purchases that weekend were less than 1/2 the price of petrol.

200 TDi Disco with 202K on the clock, and Dawn driving mostly a mix of motorway and decent A road, plus me round KORC returned 31.2mpg. And that doesn't account for the BBQ diesel!!!
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Or 180.... Cock.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On an auto box on my 300tdi Diso. I get a very regular 400 miles per tank (80 litres) pretty much regardless of how it's driven or whether with or without air-con (summer or winter) I think that works out to around 22 mpg (UK gallon not US) :¬) Saying that, It's pretty much always driven quite hard.

Usually drops to around 350 miles per tank if towing a trailer etc.

I'll be taking it easier for the rest of the year to see if In can squeeze a little more out.

Pete

--

gymratz

Filled up tonight. 403 miles, 83 litres in a D2, TD5 auto - not a very good couple of weeks. Girl at the filling stations said "Is that a full tank. Will it take any more?"

"Not much", I replied, missing the chance of multiple meanings and witty replies.

Chap behind me (a Lotus Elan driver) peered round my shoulder, looked at the till display, raised his eyebrows and said "Bloody hell!"

I gave him a bit of a shrug and a sheepish grin and went on my way. He may have a point though! And to think I had considered a V8 Range Rover. Briefly.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Harrison

Leeds-Newcastle-Huddersfield @ 50mph got 35mpg from my 2.5 naD 90.

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

On or around Tue, 29 May 2007 19:40:17 +0100, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

not far off, I'd say.

Reply to
Austin Shackles