Mucky Monday...Day one in the Damp Morph house.

Well, today I managed to get the cylinder heads back on. Spent alot of time preparing everything in readiness for the rebuilding. Morph sadly has a leak on his roof...possibly due to being parked on the flat so I've never noticed it before (normally parked on a slope). Needless to say internally he resembles the inside of a fridge freezer this morning. Parts of my roofing will need replacement and It's so damp other parts look like they would do well to be replaced as well. Anyway hopefully tomorrow I may get chance to breath some life back into him again, Well I can live in hope anyway. Got to refit the rocker covers, plumb up and link up the carbs. Refit the Oil cooler hoses and also refit the bottom hose.

Fortunately I have the genny running powering a flood lamp inside and also charging the auxilary battery whilst the Eberspacher heater roasted my bonce while working away. Certainly got rid of the damp :-) .... till tomorrow no doubt :-(

Ah well ....getting there now :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:20:52 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

git, still trying to get my Eberspacher to work..... sbloody cold in there without it!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Oh yeahs, been there and definately got the once frosty tee shirt ;0)

What bit's letting you down?

I had to strip the pump and give it a jolly good clean. Gave the metering pump some rat ta tap tap therapy and replaced all the hoses. Absoloutley beltingly cracking bit of kit.

I recall a few winters ago seeing the hard frost outside. I was on Earlies (7am start) so went out and bunged the Eber on. Finished my cornflakes and brew and then off to work on my defrosted Ambi warm as toast :0)

Morph also had a preheater "carmichale" branded installed in the bottom hose. I've removed it as it's showing a very slight leakage between Live and earth and also Neutral and earth, dunno if that normal but given I'm unlikely to use it hardly worth the cost of replacement. He also has a mains wire running down towards the battery box too but I've yet to investigate what thats all about. Possibly a battery charger??

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D wrote: >Parts of my roofing

I don't see why the roof couldn't be a single sheet of ali, you can get pieces at least as big as an ambi roof, from the likes of Aalco,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

My roof used to leak like a sieve. I think i got about 3 or 4 inches of water inside one end of the back at one point before it found an overflow point. It was 'orrible.

Mine leaked through all the rivets that held the roof crosses on. I removed the crosses and surrounds totally and bought 2 sheets of chequer plate and had them cut to size to fit over the top of the rear section. They are fixed down with bolts at the edges (which now have brackets fixed to them for possible roof rackage) over the support struts and have many tubes of silicon underneath.

Trouble is that you need dry weather to put silicone on the roof. I did mine in the winter. It still leaked and so i borrowed a barn for a few weekends and redid it in the summer. Perfect now! :)

I cant find all my pictures right now,but here are some:

What lee needs to fit on morph-

Fitting Sheets:
What it looks like now (in the dark!)

Tom Woods

Its a 101 right of passage ;)

On mine the main pump was the problem. I had to strip it down and give it the usual light beating and swearing at. I also had to clean up the contacts with sandpaper i think and remove the rust and gunk and it kicked in.

Its funny seeing all the steam coming off the eber exhaust when its running.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I suspect it's where the front cammo net thing was as I've removed it to repair it. The rest so far is fine, but that is only a present thing as I still have to remove the badly rusted roof cross hinges in which case I reckon I'll be going down similar lines to yourself.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:05:39 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

replaced all the fuel hoses (split and perished), checked all wiring connections... It will blow cold air, but on heat mode, nothing, no blower, no fuel..... nuffink

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Does the fuel pump work independantly if you power it from elsewhere?

Reply to
Tom Woods

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:20:45 +0000, Tom Woods scribbled the following nonsense:

Not got as far as that yet, only have sundays at the mo, and not long either, a swmbo gets annoyed, so at best only have about 3hrs....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

When youre out there getting cold this sunday, check that first ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods