Mud Club

for landie enthusiasts who like bangin on about the oil leaking brum brums

schmoo

The problem with these web based forums is that they try and take away punters from the traditional usenet newsgroups. Newsgroups tend to be better and have a bigger audience - for what reason would anyone be compelled to join your club?

Reply to
Alex Kemp

C'mon, be a little more charitable here. Poor chap has spent ages setting up phpBB, then he's paid for the domain, give him a chance to 'have a go'. Us old usenetties (?) will be here regardless, so let the poor bugger have a fair shot, this is how

became popular. We all have a choice. Expanding that choice must be a good thing? (did I really say:
was popular?)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Hi Alex how can a web based forum make you do something. People need to realise like all things you have freedom of choice you could do both forum and NG (what a good idea)..

As for jo>

Reply to
scorpio

Hi Mother,

Yeah I know that was a bit harsh! I'd wasted the evening giving my steering relay another good beating and had lost my patience for 'another' standard install web forum.

Actually I recently used the phpBB forum at the British Lawn Mower Racing Association

to give away an old ride-on lawnmower to an enthusiast so maybe they are not all that bad [grin].

Reply to
Alex Kemp

"usenetties" - isn't nettie newcastle-speak for cludgie? In that case, I would hope you do!

Jem

Reply to
Jem Cooper