Mutter mutter fusebox, mutter...

I have just spent four evenings trying to get the indicators working on the (1985 110 CSW) Clumber Spaniel Wagon. The hazards worked OK, so I knew it wasn't a problem with the wiring to the bulbs or the flasher unit.

I changed the hazard light switch. No effect.

I measured the voltages on the fuses, all what I was expecting and no blown fuses.

I mapped out the Haynes wiring diagram (it would be nice to know what's the connections inside some of these boxes e.g. hazard light switch).

I then removed the steering wheel and the plastic covers to get good access to the indicator stalk.

No 12v there, but there was 12v when the hazards were on, so a missing

12v from the fuse box.

I checked the fusebox again. All fuses intact, all at 12v.

I took the battery off then removed the fusebox to have a better look. All the wires looked OK, but low and behold, when the battery was re-attached, all sprang to life.

So, the fuse holder was OK, just a crap connection to wire behind!

Mutter, fusebox, grumble, mutter, mutter!

Are there any blade fuse replacement/equivalents for the defender?

Cheers

Puffernutter

Reply to
puffernutter

So now you're Puffermutter?

Reply to
GbH

Very good!

Reply to
puffernutter

Dunno about the fuseholders themselves, but I used to live only a few miles from them and most of what they sold they knew what it was, what it did and were happy to give _good_ advice, so I'd recommend the company to anyone.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Thanks

That's Great

I know some one who's been looking for this info

Regards

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

On or around Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:47:47 +0100, puffernutter enlightened us thusly:

considering how long it's been there and how long it's been standing, I'm not entirely surprised. You might be able to get a new old-stock fuse box somewhere, failing that, I expect you could get a blade-type one from something else and adapt it.

However, blade fuses are not immune from problems either.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Autosparks

are in the same neck of the woods, and are another excellent crowd to deal with. Friendly and knowledgable.

Reply to
Kevin Poole