My 110 up for sale - maybe.....

1983 landrover 110 hardtop. Owned by me for last 17 years! Why am I thinking of selling it? Well, a combination of reasons really, change in lifestyle and the need for some new project as I've taken this one about as far as I realistically can, I think! Currently registered as an MSA Licenced recovery Unit (rallying), but all recovery equipment will be removed before sale. 12,000lb winch may be left..... If I do sell, then it'll be middle of October as I'm commited to being across on Mull for the Tour of Mull rally the beginning of that month.

Good bits -

Rebuilt on galvanised Marsland chassis roughly 10 years ago. Rover 4.6 V8 engine fitted 3 years ago, fully built engine with top-hat linered block & bored to 4.7, hybrid Disco II (Thor) inlet manifold with re-mapped 14CUX Hotwire efi. 245bhp/290lbft.

4-branch manifolds and stainless system. Rebuilt and toughened ZF4 autobox 2 years ago (strengthened centre sprag clutch unit, heavy-duty plates, modified main "A" clutch and re-valved control module). Sequential LPG injection system with 90 ltr tank internally mounted. Heavy-duty suspension using std landrover 130 hi-cap rear inner helpers with 110 outers, 110TDi progressive coils at front, 130 dampers all round. 110 stn wagon rear anti-roll bar. All std parts, easy to source if something breaks! Later Defender front vented disc conversion, carried out using new calipers and discs, not second-hand ones! Rears are original type 11" drums - virtually maintenance free and work just fine. 4-pin front diff, salisbury rear. 265/75-16 rubber, virtually like new on chrome 8-spokes with matching spare on rear door. Body was refurbished about 5 years ago with GENUINE NEW bulkhead, screen frame, front panel, front wings and all 3 doors. All new panels were painted prior to fitment, new wiper gear was installed and the bulkhead was internally waxoyled. Rear tub, roof and upper body sides were resprayed to match. At the same time, the main vehicle wiring harness was completely replaced with a new item and an additional harness was added for all extra lights etc - no mass of tangled additional wiring!! New seat belts were fitted at the same time. Heated front and rear windscreens are fitted also, both work! Electrical system is severely heavy-duty, twin alternators (130A and 140A) and twin batteries with a link-up facility, ideal for winches, extra lights etc etc. Fitted with a one-off carbon fibre light pod on the bonnet, not the usual rubbish that takes silly little 5 1/4" lights, but proper 7" units. Also has HID headlamps! Bucket seats in front, 2 single inward facing in rear, rear side windows. New fuel tank last spring. Pioneer head unit, 6-disc cd autochanger and 2x60w rms amp, pioneer speakers.

Bad bits -

There is some light corrosion bubbling on the rear tub, mainly from around the exposed rivets, and the seat box could do with replacing as it is corroding well along the outer faces. PAS box weeps slightly from lower seal.

What's it worth? Who knows! To me, it's worth about 17 years of my life and probably £12k plus, but I know it would never fetch that kind of money.

I'm open to sensible offers....

Reply to
Badger

Any pics Brian?

Reply to
Nige

As you say you've gone just about as far as you could go, that sounds like a well sorted motor. It's going to make someone very happy if and when you sell it.

Reply to
Oily

Am away on Hols tomorrow, if I get the chance I'll take some before I go and mail them to you, if not then I'll do it when I get back home. Badger.

Reply to
Badger