NATO/ball hitch

Anybody got any idea where I can get the new style combined NATO jaw and

50mm ball hitch and who makes it?

It looks like a NATO jaw with the 50mm ball mounted on the top - I have only ever seen one picture of it and have searched high and low for a supplier - there was one on ebay a while ago but I was outbid.

Any offers please?

Reply to
David J. Button

Like this?

Mother

That one comes from here:

'Gancho G Bola' under Accessories

.... but was it the one originally mentioned?

Reply to
Dougal

Yes, yes, that's the one I have spent bl**dy hours looking for. So, where do I get one from please + pretty please + pretty please with knobs on?

Reply to
David J. Button

I spent the best part of 30 minutes trying to find the chaps business card - to no avail I'm afraid. You can continue your hunt by contacting Peak And Dukeries Land Rover Club though. I took the pics at the ARC National last year when P&D hosted the event at Matlock.

I believe it's one of their members selling them (nearly got one miself actually).

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:28:02 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

ooh, nice. Mind you, on my big trailer, the NATO hitch has to line up with the bumper of the disco (which it does by means of a monster attachment I made for the DB-style hitch which I also made), and that'd get the ball much too high for normal trailers, apart from military ones converted to ball hitch, I guess.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Looks good but most NATO hitch trailers have the hitch at crossmember level and most 50mm ball trailers have it at least a foot lower so how useful is it actually going to be in practice?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

Got one - Sparex do a copy of the one posted in the piccies - success!!!!!

Next job - down to Craddocks for a Nato Trailer

Reply to
David J. Button