never-ending story...

anyone had any good quotes for insurance recently...?

specifically, for either limited mileage or classic policies.

not for the LR, this time, but for the Ford - Just spent 200+ notes on fixing it and getting it MOT'd, which was expedient at the time, but I can recoup a bit more added wossname if I can get it insured for less than a fortune and use it a bit instead of the 110. Also, 's fun to drive, and I'd like to see it get a bit more exercise.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've just had to re-insure my old saab (a bog standard 1984 900). I was after a limited mileage policy too. I dont think the saab 900 is quite a classic yet (sadly), but it's not exactly a new car..

I spent ages getting online quotes and ringin up all the car insurers i knew, or could find. Most of them were stupid prices except for norwich union, who i was going to go with until i thought that i might aswell ring up some of the landrover insurers.. The first one i tried was Adrian Flux, and they gave me my cheapest quote so far, which i took since i was tired of ringing up. I should also have tried Peter Best and Footman James (and AON if i were over

25), as i've since read good recommendations of them for older/classic cars. Next time i shall just go through the back of a Landy mag and ring all them up - won't even bother with the standard insurers!

I've ended up with a limited mileage (5000) policy which was (for me) nice and cheap!, and also managed to get a renewal quote for my landy during the same phonecall, thus saving me a few minutes in a few weeks time! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yes, the renewal invite (classic cover with Equity Star via RREC) came through for the Rolls on Saturday and they want a £90 increase on last year. Called broker to be fobbed of with the usual "although not you there were more claims last year blah, blah, blah". Rang Adrian Flux and they quoted £40 something less - with Equity Red Star!!

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

On or around 12 Jan 2004 17:44:52 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comknujon (AN6530) enlightened us thusly:

got stuck on hold with them the other day, but sounds like it's worth another try.

someone else reckoned they'd gone to their broker and said "so-and-so quoted less than that", whereupon magically the broker's quote got smaller... 's all a con.

unfortunately, the NFU who do all my other insurance don't do classic or limited mileage stuff.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:45:23 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

not ridiculous, but not that good either, bearing in mind: a) strictly SDP policy, not even occasional business use, well, not the end of the world, but b) limited mileage and classic policy doesn't accrue a NCD which seems to me to be a con.

will ask the NFU for an ordinary quote with restricted drivers, see what they come up with.

Reply to
Austin Shackles