Never ending story - Landies, lubrication and the wild blue yonder

Took my disco on the longest trip I've tried this weekend - from Buckinghamshire all the way out to the Morvern peninsula - something like

1100 miles round trip.

Things I could have done without were the burning oil smells and the nasty grinding noises coming from the NSF.

Looks like my swivel has managed to lose all of its lube (It had the oneshot stuff in it) and I'm probably looking at replacing the CVJ on it - seriously nasty grinding noises when backing off the accelerator and lots of clunking from it turning at low speeds.

Ho hum.

Such are the trials of driving a landie. I think I'll replace the swivel seal on the other side as well, just in case.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

That reminds me, I need to sort out some of that one-shot grease, can't remember where I was going to get it from now..

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

STC3435 and you can buy it from Land Rover themselves or from Britpart, Allmakes, Bearmach etc.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Yeah £4 a swivel at landrover. at last something like a realistic price! Even comes with a sticker to tell the next keeper "This vehicle has one shot grease installed".

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I went back through my emails and found I'd got a price for some britpart stuff from the beamends dude, duly ordered today hurrah.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.