New 205x16 XPC on wheel.

Having a tidy up and found one new 205x16 Michelin XPC 4x4 tyre on white steel rostyle with L/Rover centre cap, not even been fitted to a vehicle, any intrest ? Also two sets of rostyles with second hand tyres.

P.S. Just in G90's on Woolf rims all new and XZL's on white steels (750R16) Regards Andy.

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

On or around Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:09:47 -0000, "Andy Sargeant" enlightened us thusly:

what's the position with trac edges now? can they still be got, and if so in what sizes?

oh and another thing you might know...

what's the offset on the wolf rims, compared with standard LWB rims?

currently, mine's on 15" wheels which have more (or less) offset, i.e. they sit further out on the vehicle, which gives more steering lock.

I was toying with the idea of getting some cheap mud tyres to put on the standard 16" rims, but to fit them without having to reset the lock stops would require spacers.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Twas Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:09:47 -0000 when "Andy Sargeant" put finger to keyboard producing:

Coo how much?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

Me too. There is a guy in our local glass group with some of these on his

90 and he reckons the're pretty good. He certainly wasn't sliding about as much as me on XPC's on Sunday thats for sure.

A place near me is selling them part worn, £50 +vat on rims but no stock a the moment.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Twas Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:10:28 -0000 when "Andy Sargeant" put finger to keyboard producing:

Delivery? (Cornwall)

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

On or around Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:03:59 -0000, "Andy Sargeant" enlightened us thusly:

so it's wider (which is no bad thing for putting fat tyres on) and it does sit slightly further out, but probably not as much as my current ones. Current wheels are 7J15 and if anything really sit *too* far out, they only just come within the eyebrows.

mind, the big advantage of the 15" wheels is that the 31x10.5R15 tyres, which are nominally the same diameter as 7.50x16, are cheaper, for no good reason, bearing in mind that there's more rubber in 'em.

food for thought - I don't really want to lose the extra lock that the current wheels provide, although no doubt the CV joints'd last longer...

I'll contemplate it all for when the tyres are next needing replacement.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 23 Jan 2004 10:15:10 GMT, Simon Barr enlightened us thusly:

G90s are amazing in mud, by all accounts, but moderately crap (and far too expensive to wear out) on road.

make a lovely set of "play" tyres though... hmmm... nah, I owe the bank too much already.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Reply to
Andy Sargeant