New 4.6 HSE needed?

My 97 Range overheated on freeway. Right head seems to be leaking. Most mechanics recommend new engine. Please help! Urgent!

Marty

206/790-5206 (Cell phone)
Reply to
Marty G.

My 97 Range overheated on freeway. Right head seems to be leaking. Most mechanics recommend new engine. Please help! Urgent!

Marty

206/790-5206 (Cell phone)
Reply to
Marty G.

Why do the recomend a new engine??? just renew the head gasket , it´s a simple job.And find out if there is a different reason for the overheating. A common problem with the Rover V8 is the viscous coupling fan.

Ging G G

"Marty G." schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Ging Gang Gooley

Sounds like you need a new cylinder head gasket, not an engine. Most competent mechanics should be able to do that for 300 quid - say 500 dollars. Thats assuming the head hasn't been damaged, but even if it has you only need a new head, not an engine! Sounds like your mechanics would replace the axles if you got a flat tyre to me! ;-)

Reply to
Exit