New Bloke on the Block

Hello thought I would introduce myself,

My name is Brendan and I live in Tonbridge in Kent, I currently own a 1987 Range Rover 3.5 v8, which I have owned sine may this year, it came armed with a shed full of spare(good job too), from someone who told me to look after it as it was well looked after, !yeah right! I bought a welder from eBay, completely replaced the pass floor pan but still needs outer sills both sides, rear floor d/s, I have put 4 newish a/t tyres on it, it's got an oil leak,p/a/s leek but it doesn't matter as I sort of new what needed doing but not to that extent, but any way that is me and my car(the beast), so I might be asking for advice and hopefully I can lend my fun and experience with my car to others

Cheers Bren

Reply to
Brendan

...and Brendan spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Hi Bren

Welcome to the group. You'll find a lot of help on here, and some nice people - some with great expertise and a lot of valuable experience, some less so but interesting all the same. It's about the most even-tempered group I read, with a high signal-to-noise ratio.

Look out for the initiation ceremony, involving a blindfold, a goat, and a pint of EP90.

Cheers

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Have we got a replacement goat now, then?

You forgot the bit about the barbed wire nipple-clamps and the counselling sessions every 4th Thursday...

Reply to
Mother

i managed to escape this ceremony, which i am very grateful for as there is nothing i hate more than the smell of diff oil.

unfortunately i will not be able to help with rangies, although some day i wouldn't mind owning one. But there are many others here that seem to know them

Sam.

Sam.

Reply to
Samuel

Oy - keep all that talk of bleeding nipples to the other thread!

Reply to
Tom Woods

...and Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Can you tell, that way round ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yup Hi Bren,

Welcome aboard!

The Knuckle Nurse vists once a fortnight and the Plastic card shreader is in the corner. Every now and then we have a ritual burning of Money session, usually followed by some scrub the driveway therapy. Oh and congratulations on getting a Rangie that has clearly accepted you as worthy!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Hi Brendan, Welcome ! Kind regards, Erik-Jan (The Netherlands)

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

We'll look forward to seeing you at the next Southern ROC RTV trial, then. Rout Farm, Warninglid. Just off the bottom of the M23, on Sunday December 11th.

Gordon (look for the green 90)

Reply to
gbubb

Cheers for that but please be gentle on me

Reply to
Brendan

.... and I thought that the warm, sunny and mostly dry field in October was great (if a little noisy overnight), but you can't please everybody.

Lizzy

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

T'was a tad noisy at times - I'm surprised we didn't get complaints from the Ravers...

Reply to
Mother

...and Steve spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Yes, it was its arse I was talking about.

I'll get me wellies...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

...and LizzyTaylor spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

My original statement still stands. In other words, if it *had* been wet and cold, I would *still* have preferred it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

...and Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You'd prefer it wet and cold to warm and sunny?

Mark Varley is thataway =====>>> ;-)

Reply to
Mother

I think you are starting to wear that joke out, Its beginning to get a bit painful.. :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Thats nettles for you. Steve

Reply to