'New' BP diesel

FIlled up the works van today with fuel, the price on the pump caught my eye, 84.9p a litre or what ever it's sold in!!. Looked at the sign and it said 79.9. Told the guy behind the counter and he told me the price difference is because I've just filled up with the new BP Diesel (Ultimate I think it's called). Out of 5 pumps only one had the normal diesel, 79.9p. They have also done the same with petrol as well, so beware if using BP, it may cost you more to fill up!!. Looking back the van normally takes £32 worth to fill up thi mornings trip was £36!.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

In the writings of Dom J, the scrolls contained these prophetic words:

I've been caught out this way, see your CAB about false advertising. I managed to get some photographs of the pumps that prove that they had not clearly marked the pumps (other than price on the pump when you fill). This forced the garage to remark all their pumps. However I didn't get a refund nor a apology.

Also make sure you watch the pump handle colours... 2 shades of blue one light blue for Ultima Unleaded and a darker blue for U. Diesel. Unfortunately I managed to fill a diesel car with unleaded due to this because they matched the Blue with Esso's Diesel handles :o(

Reply to
Faolan

I might be paranoid here but i read a post ages ago about a chap who felt that he was getting less mpg and no better performance from BP's ultimate fuel. I log my fuel and had noticed a differance too, so i swopped to shell

4 months ago and things are better plus its cheaper per litre anyway.

Anyone else noticed a differance between fuels?

Mark

Reply to
Jinx

Most definitely!

I can almost tell which garage in the local area I filled up from by the total distance from a tank.

Typically, the garage in the village is better when doing motorway runs, and the superstores in Rugby are only any good when you want to waste your money!

Si

Reply to
simonk

On or around Sun, 2 May 2004 19:57:39 +0100, "Dom J" enlightened us thusly:

did it run any better?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 2 May 2004 22:16:49 +0000 (UTC), "Jinx" enlightened us thusly:

IME with diesels, only Shell is any better. most of the others seemed about the same.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'm afraid I'm wary of any such claims, since they seem to be well within the limits of variation set by the driver's right foot.

Reply to
David G. Bell

In a word no!. It's going in the garage tomorrow as last week they tell me the turbo is U/S. Not bad for 5,500 miles from new, glad I'm not paying the bill. My trail bike hates the 'enhanced' unleaded, come to think so does Mums car as well. All this talk of fuel etc got me thinking, my V8 Efi RR is also pinking badly, could this be down to using unleaded fuel on a engine designed for leaded??.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

On or around Mon, 03 May 2004 10:31:24 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") enlightened us thusly:

well, yeah, but then again, I tend to drive much the same. But my impression was that the engines ran better on shell.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 3 May 2004 20:09:15 +0100, "Dom J" enlightened us thusly:

yes, if the timing's set for 4*. try retarding it about 3 degrees, see what happens.

Reply to
Austin Shackles