New Discovery 3

The new Disco was in town for the Week End at the Local Dealership. No chance to have a test drive, but I had the chance to have a test-sit. I'm really impressed by the progress in the apparent quality, equipment and practicality. It was an HSE 7-seater, so loaded with telephone, leather seats, moonroof and everything. The trunk is a lot more convenient than the one of my (now sold, *sob*) P38. The salesman was about to tell me that the Off Road Capacities were near the Defender. Of course, it's salesman talk. The space behind the driver's seat is not as big as what you could think. We're far from the P38. But let's face it, it's not that bad : I'm 1,85m tall, and with the driver's seat set for me, I can still sit behind. It's just, but it fits. The third row is quite comfortable, although I wouldn't recommend it for an adult on a long trip. I do not think it's designed for long trip anyway, since the trunk is only 26 cm deep in a 7-Seater configuration The test drive is scheduled in 3 weeks or so. Drawback : there is only the 7-seater version available, and only in HSE. If you want the SE model in 5 seats, it's only for February. A good way to have the customers paying 5,000 Euros more for features they do not need. Maybe I'll buy a Toyota *hiding behind the laptop, waiting for the flaming to begin* !

-- Henry!

-- "Pleasure in a thing of beauty is the essence of a good life." Zino Davidoff

Reply to
Henry!

I had a sit in the Disco 3 this weekend on a fair in Netherlands, ones you sit in it, it seems quit OK. But the looks of it where quit dissapointing. The friendly high face of the Disco is completely gone and has changed for a brutal high-bonnet/plastic Toyota like appearance. I have passed it many times to have an other look and maybe get used to it but I couldn't.

The extended wheelbase might increase the interior size but also the turning circle that already wasn't brillant.

Practical thing is that it is 10 cm lower to fit in parking garages, oh well....

Jurjen

Henry! wrote:

Reply to
Jurjen

"Jurjen" a écrit dans le message de news: cke0n1$arp$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tudelft.nl...

My wife do think it looks loke a car drawn by a 3-years old (really square). It's quite different from the former disco, I agree, but I wouldn't compare it to a Toy Land Cruiser, whose look is IMO too trendy to stand the time like a Disco would do.

-- Henry!

-- "Pleasure in a thing of beauty is the essence of a good life." Zino Davidoff

Reply to
Henry!

Henry! wrote: , but I

'Land Cruiser' and 'trendy' in the same sentence! You've made my day :-)

Huw

Reply to
Huw