New kind of rust protection

Hi !

I just stumpled across this new item on the Internet:

It is a new type of rust protection,- electronic rust protection. I look's very promising :-))

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

Does it enhance penis size too?

I've heard that coating the car in lard will protect it from rust.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 4 Dec 2007 13:38:05 +0100, René Løweneck enlightened us thusly:

Looks like bollocks to me. I don't see electronic signals interrupting chemical reactions.

Under the right conditions, you can do electroLYTIC anti-corrosion, using scrifical anodes. I think that only works in seawater, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi Ian !

And if it does, you really need it, right ?

Now, I don't understand the word "lard". But from the tone of your reply, it proberbly is'nt positive.

Is that the preferred tone, from Brittish Land Rover owners to a Danish Land Rover owner ?

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

Only if they are trying to sell snake oil.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hi Austin !

I don't know, if it is working. But I am a sucker for Gadgets ;-)) So I will definitely try it out in the spring :-))

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

OK

We're dreadfully sorry old chap but we fear you may have been somewhat mislead by spurious advertising materials from the purveyors of a product that we fear may fall somewhat short of your expectations.

A little basic physics leads us to surmise that as a corrosion control method this may require a little more development. Things like this have, sadly, been around for decades and they don't work any better now than they did then.

Toodle pip nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

You'd need to figure out how to tell whether it's working or not, which is the hard bit..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Jolly good show old bean. Time for some tea.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hi Ian !

I'm not trying to sell you nor anybody ells in this group anything. I just stumpled across this, for me anyway, new way of protecting my car from rust. And as a Land Rover owner, I chose to share my new found knowledge with this group of Land Rover owners. Because we are supposed to be one big happy global family, right ?

Whether or not you find my findings interesting, is entirely up to you, Ian. I'm Danish and not related in anyway to this company, which by the way is Canadian, as you can see here:

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

OK sorry about that, you looked like you were spamming an obvious snake oil product, like those daft magnetic fuel clamp things, we see short posts plugging stuff like that from complete strangers all the time.

Not exactly, we can disagree, and as you can see no-one here thinks those products are anything other than snake oil. Don't waste your money, and if you do decide to, bear in mind that you'll have no reliable way of telling if it's worked or not. Based on knowledge of other snake-oil products and how cars rust, you'll not find anyone knowledgeable about cars who'll regard it as a good product. All those pseudo "lab reports" are just further indicators of snake oil.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hi Nigel !

Thank you very much, but my expectations for the product ain't that high anynway. But I find it very interesting and as I'm a sucker for Gadgets as mentioned in another message, I certainly wanna buy one in the spring and give it a try ;-))

Well I'm not that much into physics and chemestry, so I would'nt know. My own products (Internet stuff like CMS and SEO etc.) are being developed all the time. And so are other stuff too. There will allways be found new ways of doing things. So if this product needs further development, that would only be natural :-))

I haven't seen this kind of rust protection before. Do you have any links ?

BTW. Thank you for taking your time to reply in a nice polite language :-)))

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

Hi Ian !

OK, but spammers don't tend to use real domaines in their signature and they are likely to be using a non-traceable proxy as NNTP-Posting-Host.

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

Not at all, they often use real domains, just not ones that belong to them! Also legitimate posters tend not to use real domains any more to try and avoid spammers harvesting their email addresses.

As for their posting-host, that's not something that can be easily checked at all and isn't to be relied upon even if you do trust it due to it being easily faked with your own news server.

If you leap into a group as a complete stranger wearing a spammer's outfit plugging snake-oil then you can expect to be regarded as a spammer, and you were, by quite a few people so just try to be more careful in future. And don't buy that crazy snake-oil ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 4 Dec 2007 15:59:54 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

I suggest you consult wikipedia on the subject of snake oil...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I was looking at your webpage. I see you have the same tyres on yours (the yokohama geolanders) as I have. There was some discussion a few months ago about whether they will fit. Mine were fine on the back, but really close at the front as are yours. Do your tyres touch the wheel arch liners at the front? and are they 235/85/16?

BTW thanks for the link. I reckon snake oil too, but maybe lol. let us know how it works.

Reply to
madhatchetman

My guess is that if you open it up, take a couple of decent pics and post them here (well not *here* as in binary here), at least five people in this group will be able to supply you with the same gadget for your second car for about a tenner.

What is more, should this thing f*ck your battery if you leave the car standing for too long?

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Hi !

Yes my tyres does touch the plastic arch slightly, when turning full left or right. But absolutely nothing to worry about :-)) The size of my tyres is 275/75 R16 and the only modification I have made, is moving the front bottom of the plastic arch forward 5-6 cm. I think theese tyres are the best :-))

If you like, you can see a little test of the tyres here:

OK :-))

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

In message , Geo writes

Does that include postage from Canada? :-) I'd suggest being careful when taking it apart - the connections from the 12v to the 555 timer, through the led and the earthing on the body through a cable some feet in length may be delicate ... :-)

no ... a flashing led doesn't take much power so probably won't discharge your battery in less than a few weeks ...

Just read the test claims - they are all rubbish with nothing stated that actually means anything.

Reply to
AJG

Replace the Chassis with one made out of plastic, no it will never catch on :)

Reply to
Larry