Hi !

Just in:

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

"René Løweneck" wrote>

There is more, have a look at...

Bob Hobden

I get the funny feeling it's not the new Defender ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I was expecting an evolution of the Stormer which you have to say looks the dogs undercarriage, instead we appear to have an item designed to appeal to the Mrs Ryan Giggses .Thinking in the way LR marketing do that seems to be the way they want to go having established that there is a market segment dripping with cash - the only buggers targeting me appear to be Perodua.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Will it ever be? Somehow I don't think Landrover in it's present form knows what to do about the Defender, it simply does not fit with their range of shiny school run vehicles. Now their new designer says the ranges should not be split into Range Rover and Landrover, as originally thought. So it certainly is out on a limb, despite the Defender and it's ancestors being the reason Landrover is so highly thought of. I am beginning to wonder if they will sell off the rights to it, perhaps Santana might make a decent fist of it?

Reply to
Bob Hobden

That is also a concern, the Stormer which got rave reviews turned into the RR Sport which hardly had the same drop dead gorgeous looks. Lets hope that doesn't happen again.

If LR do what Porsche has done, cash in with the current 4x4 trend to boost it's profitability and allow it to make the cars it's famous for, then it is fine, but somehow I think it's just changed direction completely.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Would they be interested since they now make Suzis under licence rather than LRs?

Reply to
JacobH

The Suzuki is hardly a Defender, but it fits with that better than it does in the LR range.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

On or around Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:19:35 -0000, "Bob Hobden" enlightened us thusly:

looks like one of those pig-ugly nissan kumqwats.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:21:32 -0000, "Bob Hobden" enlightened us thusly:

Santana went off and did their own thing anyway, and to be perfectly honest, if I were in the market for a new 110, I'd buy the Santana instead.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"René Løweneck" wrote

And now the BBC has something....

Bob Hobden

A heap of s**te.

My series 3 is greener, well apart from the white bits.

Reply to
Larry

Austin the TDV8 engine would also require its autobox because there is absolutely no way the 4HP24 ZF autobox can handle so much torque.

Take care and Merry Xmas Pantelis

Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:15:02 +0200, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

Well, I suppose that could be done as well, all the time we're still talking about lottery wins...

Reply to
Austin Shackles