New temporary additions to the stable.

Just picked this up today...

naughty man took it off eBay when we offered him his reserveprice. (5K) Well, he's going away for a month on Sunday and wanted thedeal done and dusted before departing these shores.Shame I have to deliver it to France in a few weeks. You may remember my dead Norman Discovery V8. I trailered it back from France in March after 12 months of inactivity, and it's been sitting waiting for a slot at Rogers of Bedford. I got a phonecall on Friday saying they'd fixed it. Incorrect air gap in the distributor, corrosion on the ign. amp. and a dead battery. (The froggie version of the AA said it had a broken cam belt!) I suspect it was the air gap that caused the initial problem and the inactivity caused the rest. Any way, it now goes, and sounds lovely. Shame I'll have to sell it. Still, its worth a damn sight more running than dead, and the LPG system still works. I'd forgotten how rolly it is, my 300tdi has anti roll bars and the V8 doesn't, but it does go so much better.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware