No radio code, the Reading UK dealer does care.

I felt i must praise this dealer.

At the weekend the original battery died after 7 years and 208,000 miles on. The breakdown guy fitted a new one for £40. But as you have guest, i never received the radio code from the previous owner and had visions of a new radio or large fee to the dealer to look it up.

The thing is that I get the car serviced by an independent garadge, not the LR dealer network. So, I was surprised when I phoned up Lancaster Landrover, Reading and they said they would look it up for free if i called in. I called in during the afternoon and 10 minutes later the radio was back in action.

Andy

97 Disco
Reply to
nospam

My radio is crap but at least it don't need this code garbage, I hope when the time comes to replace it I can get one that does not need all this security crap, in my last car I had the radio locked behind a plate, makes more sense to me than this coding nonsence.

Reply to
Larry

Any deterant is better than nowt.

I'm in a similar position with the new disco so thankyou Andy for this gem of wisdom. I'm on a mission to find the alarm code too just in case.

As for Code nonsence ? Surley If the Fiesta that hit your landy had adequate anti theft protetion then it never would have hit your Landie! Not saying that it would never ever happen, but any increase in vehicle security is a bonus, especially if it reduces the likelyhood of my car getting screwed and my insurance going through the roof.

Lee D.

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D