Noisy alarm ;-)

All,

On Friday, I took my 110 (2001 TD5) to the mechanics for a problem with the master cylinder of the clutch.

Before that, arming the alarm was only displayed by 3 blinks of the indicators, Since then, the indicators don't blink anymore but the alarm sounds twice (VERY annoying). This seems to have happened after the guy played a bit with the remote to show me how to use it! However, the guy hasn't got a clue on how to revert back to the much better previous behaviour.

Anybody got any idea?

Cheers,

Fred

The user manual I have doesn't mention anything apart from the 3 blinks.

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

First a disclaimer: I don't know the answer :-)

But now a suggestion - the manual (on mine, anyway) says that the three flashes indicate a healthy battery in the plip, so perhaps the alternative behaviour is just coincidental with the trip to the garage, and is in fact a low battery warning? They're not expensive, so you could try a replacement until you get a better answer than this!

:) K

Reply to
Kieran Turner

On or around Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:13:54 -0000, "Kieran Turner" enlightened us thusly:

the batteries on the 300 TDi alarm give evidence of flatness by flashing the lights once, for a long flash, rather than 3 short ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles
2 times alarm sound means you put the vehicle on alarm with a door open. In this way you do not arm the movement sensor inside the car, which can be usefull if you leave a dog in the car. At least this is the way the alarm works for my defender regards Fred "Austin Shackles" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

alternative

replacement

Reply to
Landy Fred

I tried with the other control and it does the same (doubt both batteries would go low at the same time).

Thanks anyway.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

Does that include the hood? It's the only one that might not be closed (since they probably had to move the switch when accessing the clutch cylinder)?

I'll try to play with that.

Thanks.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

I had the same problem on my defender 90. It was due to the bonnet sensor being to low and not being pressed down fully when the bonnet was shut (after I added checker plate to the winds).

A quick adjustment of the sensor position and it has worked ever since.

Thanks Phil

T15ER R

Fred Labrosse wrote:

Reply to
Phil Clarke

indeed also under the hood is a sensor.. fred

"Fred Labrosse" schreef >

Reply to
Landy Fred

That was it. Fixed it.

Cheers,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

This was indeed the case. This is however not documented in the doc I have . Is that described in a more recent version (2001)? I'm asking because this behaviour (2 horns when a door is open) is not described and the inside protection seems to be not working, at least following the description I have (on by default, off if alarm is armed with an open door, no sound signal). Is there anything to do to explicitly arm the inside protection?

Cheers,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

Oops, sorry (&^%*&% spaces in URL's). Top link at .

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

Hi Fred,

How it works is in section 2 'Locks & Alarms' on page 13, 14 and 15 of the following manual:

regards Fred

"Fred Labrosse" schreef >

Reply to
Landy Fred

Used to have a Renault savanna with a Simba alarm and this change could be chosen by setting 4 switches under some little rubber plugs on the alarm case.

Reply to
Hirsty's

der%20User%20Manual%2000MY%20TD5-TDI-V8.pdf>

This is the same as the one I referenced in my message. It doesn't say anything about the alarm going twice is armed with a door or bonnet opened (only says the indicators will not flash and the interior protection will not be activated). Moreover, my interior protection does not work, even when arming the alarm with all doors closed (including the bonnet now). So either this is a deficient interior protection or there is something else not documented in this manual (mine being a 2001, not a 2000).

Thanks anyway.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Labrosse

Well interior protection can be a option. Is it physically there? And on the Disco II at least the interior stuff is only set if you use the remote. Key in lock doesn't set it, so you can lock a dog or child in.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:38:46 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

same on the 300 TDi here. key in lock only arms the perimeter.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Key in lock doesn't do anything but locking the door (central locking as apparently been introduced in 2002 in Def's).

Yes, the sensors are there and apparently wired in (don't know where the other end of the wires is though ;-).

Fred

P.S. Funny, I didn't see Dave's message. It seems I'm missing some messages...

Reply to
Fred Labrosse