not very OT

just a little item captured for posterity and to annoy Yuppie softroaders of course

Derek

Bablefish translation

1 October 2003 Ajax played brugge in Amsterdam against club. Here of course also the necessary Belgian supporters came on finished. In an area in the from Amsterdam Bijlmer Belgian madam also this parked. The next morning retrieved also she its Porche cayenne on a closed car park, thus she decided leave the area by means of the talud, you have real offroadwagen or not. Extremely arranged therefore for the from Amsterdam town jungle... Madam behind the wheel, rechtdoor and well gasgeven. Landroverrijder peter found flow mount the gedesilussioneerde Belgian at its car and decided for the its parking place on at dragging. Even zoeken to a termination for the cayenne... The battle tree was not, however, but on lock!
Reply to
Derek

hoot!

sod Babelfish, I like this: De slagboom was wel neer

Reply to
William Tasso

Derek came up with the following;:

LOL .. of she'd had any sense and gone at it the correct way, she could've got a Vauxhall Corsa over that thing ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Pretty much anyway but that way?

Reply to
GbH

But she did at least try - which is more than most drivers of much more capable machinery would do the UK.

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:43:03 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

'course, correct driving technique would have got it over the thing easily.

CDT in a Cayenne also includes "hit it at 40 mph"... but I'd have done it slowly at and angle.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I wouldn't have done it in a Cayenne ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:39:04 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

well, true, neither would I. But my 109 would have beached itself just as convincingly.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Only if driven by a nit! Given the lack of knowledge of the capabilities of 4x4s though it's not that surprising, it's not quite so true these days with traction control but trying to explain to people that 4x4s don't drive all their wheels in the mud was always a bit of an uphill struggle.

There's a few videos of Cayennes going off-road on youtube and google video etc, like most of the Humvee off-road videos they're all about driving down mildly bumpy tracks though.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

You would have p--sed it in the Cayenne.

But my 109 would have beached itself just as

Nah, not taking it at an angle as you said, p--sed it in the 109" as well. ;-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily