NOTE October Unofficial CHANGE OF VENUE

Cheers, I'll have a look

Reply to
Graham G

On or around Fri, 07 Oct 2005 08:57:04 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, I haven't got that. And we had the mountaineering one previously (what was that called again? I wanted to know the other day and failed to unforget.)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:54:17 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

I've got a reel which is 50mx13A, and another 10Mx13A. The former has 4 sockets, the latter 3.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:54:17 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

Oh, meant to say, the volt drop on the 50M should be OK, 's quite fat cable. The one thing it hasn't got is a blue 16A plug on the end, so would need an adaptor from blue 16A to 13A socket. ISTR caravan hookups are pretty universally big round blue ones.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:03:24 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

hehe. Put wheels on it and a hitch...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

yebbut, I have got that.

Touching the Void

This was my 'film of the year' for 2003. Must get Simon to sign my DVD cover :-)

Reply to
Mother

During stardate Fri, 07 Oct 2005 18:21:18 +0100, Austin Shackles uttered the imortal words:

Ay, typically 10 or 5 amp feeds, varies from site to site depending ultimately on there set up.

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

Since current plans are for me and Bob-the-101 to travel on our own on Friday, there is room for it....

We need to de-forest somewhere to feed it - the pit is 2 foot square.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I can bring chainsaw and I may have a log splitting axe somewhere :-)

Austin, can you think of anywhere 'local' that may have windfalls that need clearing?

Reply to
Mother

During stardate Fri, 07 Oct 2005 19:58:35 +0100, Mother uttered the imortal words:

Sounds like an opportunity and good excuse to get the park warden to let us roam hundreds of miles of woodland track on them woods that feature fo heavily on our maps for.... some sticks :0)

I'll bring the fire extinguisher 80) ... on a serious note branches that have been off the tree for a year or so tend to spit less from my open fire days.... or was it less likely to tar the chimney, brings back memories of a Chimney fire we had.

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

During stardate Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:03:24 +0100, Steve Taylor uttered the imortal words:

Swickied! You could blag some crashed UFO sighting sytle pictures with that. Are we smelting some Iron age tools whilst on site :0)

Speaking of which wheres Cannock John gone these days of DOOM TRADER?

I know he likes wandering around in a rabbit skin.

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

If - by 'sublime' you mean:

Then I'd have to agree. And unlike Ice Cold in Alex, doesn't have any ambulances bogged down in sand...

Reply to
Mother

Anything will burn, wet is 'charming' in terms of sound and lighting mind... Wet also splits easier, remove the bark first, leave the bark by the fire to dry, instant kindling for next day...

Who cares anyway, I just wanna go get some chainsaw and axe action ;-)

Reply to
Mother

I think you mentioned this before, and I was going to ask if there's a safe way of cutting an old tank with an angle grinder... Erm, safely.

I was going to just vent it off, then get stuck in, but fear I may have left some vital point out that may potentially kill me and remove the equity from my neighbours property...

Reply to
Mother

Vent it to atmosphere, for as long as possible, but not less than 1 week. Remove valve. (very, very tight connection, or saw off (brass-no sparks) ) Fill with water for a week. Drain. Flush with 1/2 pint of bleach to kill mercaptan (smell) Drain. Cut.

See you next week. Probably.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Fri, 7 Oct 2005 21:19:05 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 07 Oct 2005 19:49:05 +0100, Steve enlightened us thusly:

I might manage to bring some firewood, we've got quite a lot.

on second thoughts, if you can swing past this way en route, you could collect some. There are sundry branches which've not yet been sawn up in the way in the shed. I'll be around at various times on Friday.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:07:04 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

You talking about propane tanks?

I've done 'em with oxy-propane cutting torch. You need to remove the valve so that there's a hole, and then pour some water into it (only about a pint). I assume the reasoning is that the heat evaporates water and the steam drives out residual gas.

some of 'em went "foom" a bit. But none actually exploded.

and for those who WTK, this was in a scrapyard, making scrap bottles suitable to be weighed in as scrap. Weighing in intact ones was strongly unpopular - they tend to explode in the "frag", with much bang.

Reply to
Austin Shackles