O/T - Rover Car FS

Yes, it's O/T, but it is a Rover - and I used to be a Landy owner anyway - - -

I'm seeking a buyer for a very nice '87 Mk1 automatic 820 - she has only

48,000 miles (which I believe to be genuine!) and T&T to end April.

She drives very well and is in excellent overall condition, having been well looked after by her previous owner and very well looked after by me! Numerous new bits including all radiator hoses, radiator, battery, plugs and leads, all drive belts (including the cam belt!!) and excellent tyres. The rears are Kwik-fit "own-brand" with about 7,000 miles (so virtually new) and the fronts are new Michelins, put on less than 1,000 miles ago.

The wheel arches are sound and the rest of the body is rust-free and she was waxoyled at some time. When I got her 18 months ago, she had some minor rust bubbling at the usual spots by the back doors which I had fixed professionally. She's also had some other respray work to deal with minor accident damage, again done professionally.

The "bad" bits? Well, the headlining sags but has been fixed using Landy roof-lining trim clips which hold it up nicely and it tightens out once its warm inside. Other than that, she's clean and original and everything works, including the stereo radio/cassette, heater fan and electric windows. She did suffer a broken cam-belt a while back, brand new valves fitted professionally and the engine is fine, using virtually no oil. She also had a front-end bump last year, again a professional repair using good second-hand parts and professional spray work as necessary (insurance claim).

Reason for sale is simply that she's been replaced in my affections by an Audi and isn't now being used as much as she deserves. She'll make a really nice cheap car for someone, having given me excellent service every day. Lots of life left in this one.

Location is SW Scotland and price is £500 - given the overall condition and a semi-personal plate (D800 AMY) which has a value in its own right, I hope that's a fair price for what is a very good example. I know you can buy these cars for £100 or less, but you do buy £100 worth of knackered motor at that price.

In point of fact, it would cost more than £500 to buy the various "new bits" like tyres, rad and battery new ;-)

Digital piccies available - mail me off-group at mikeDOTbuckleyjonesATbtinternetDOTTYcom and I'll forward.

Mike Buckley

Reply to
Mike Buckley