Off road motor sport day out

The Bradford & District Motor Club is 100 years old. To celebrate the event a 9mth long exhibition is running at the Bradford Industrial Museum, a special event of LIVE motorcycle trials is being staged on Bank Hol Monday 28th August, from 11am there will be an amazing display of riders on motorcycles riding over skips, cars, GIANT tyres etc, this is an event NOT to be missed. It is not normally seen anywhere on the UK Mainland free. The display is 100% free as is admission to the museum itself, that is showing videos of motorcycling thro the day, and has many motorcycling exhibits on show including bikes from Dougie Lampkin, David Jefferies just to name 2. Also many from years gone bye, with other memorabilia from the club's 100 year history. Along with some fantastic motoring exhibits throughout the years. Bradford & Dist Motor Club is the most well known motorcycle club in the WORLD. Members come from all over the world, The 1st ever trials world champ was a BFD member, and Doug Lampkin is known throughout the world as the best motorcycle trials rider EVER. (15 world titles) He is a club member and a local lad, coming from Silsden. It is unusual for a district council to sponsor/ promote such an event as it is mainly an off road sport so please do come along and support it !! Stuart Cameron Club Sec

Please include ALL previous emails with reply

Reply to
tomtom

Nice one, I live in Thackley & I'll be in me big white 110 too just to keep it on topic!

Look for a big shaven headed bloke with an ankle biter with him!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I thought I had entered a time warp, as a kiddy I remember the Lampkin Bickers and Eastwood tussles good to see the family name in the sport still, now if there was a nice autojumble as well they would be queueing back down the M62 to get in you have a good day out there Nige try to keep the youngster out of the mud! Derek

Reply to
Derek

Doug is in the paper (Telegraph & Islam as it's now known) every other week!! Aint been for a while, but I aint got owt on tomorrow so..............

Might be fun, might not!

I'll meet up with you if you are coming over?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Got a bit to do tomorrow , I haven't been to a motorcycle event since the lost of my uncle to cancer a very long time ago he was bike mad had his own bike garage and did a bit on scrambles too, you have a good time hope it gets just wet enough if you know what I mean.

Derek What if the Hokey Cokey really is 'what its all about'?

Reply to
Derek

I may come over, depends on what plans get hatched, poo brown 110csw & 2 ankle biters. There is also a lilo race down the river calder at a pub in horbury on tomorrow which could provide cheap family tentertainment

Icky

Reply to
icky