Off-roading tomorrow ???

Hiya all,

We're members of LLRC

but there's only a CCV on this weekend and we have a friend who's looking to see what off-roading and trialling is all about, and wants to 'have a go' himself in my Disco.

So, I want to take him somewhere on a Pay 'n Play day, or similar within about 50 miles of Doncaster. My usual 'practice and play' area has a Motocross meeeting on this weekend ... ;)

Failing a 'proper' organised club meeting, does anyone know any off-road sites we can simply turn up and take him round without necessarily having to join a club or pay an exorbitant fee? We don't mind up to maybe £25 for the day, but he'll be paying so any suggestions really welcome.

Cheers.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Hang on a week and join us at Kirton *next* Sunday?

Reply to
nullified

Ceratainly do-able ... where's Kirton, which club etc ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Great, look forward to seeing you there then

Reply to
nullified

Heheheh, didn't know who to look or ask for ... but went anyway. Got a couple of pics of others getting stuck .. 'specially the F plated TD5 Defender/Series hybrid (we were told) that 'floated' back .. being winched by a Suzuki ... and only got stuck once ourselves. I'll put the pics up soon.

Had a great time, the site is bloody massive. After going round Grasby and a few other sites we really didn't expect something this size, and will be coming back again ... ;)

Seven of us in the Disco so didn't go anywhere too radical, closest to being 'awkward' were the side slopes around the far end 'lake' area ... but it tackled it with ease really .. think I need MT's not AT's though ... or not so much weight in the thing. six adults and one child is expecting a bit much. We liked the 'woodland drive', very tight in places and tricky to manouvre as witnessed by the LWB Shogun which followed us and had to reverse out of a section. (We already have scratched bodywork so don't mind a few more)

'specially liked the jetwash as you left ... only did the lights, plates, sills and under wheel areas so we didn't drop mud on the roads and could be seen, but it's a nice thing to have, IMHO.

Thanks for posting about it.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Absolutely no problem, and very glad you enjoyed it. We were a few up too, eleven peeps aboard twin white 110 CSW's. That woodland bit can be tricky, especially the rocks! When you go back, look out for the balance beams which are a real workout for any vehicle. Yes, the place is massive, far more than you can hope to do in a day, and I too like the idea of a wheelwash to get out. CB Ch.5 when you go again, shout Mike, Will, or Ash.

Reply to
nullified