Off topic Question (Ford Explorer)

Before you all have a go. I used to be a Land Rover Owner and have the Ford for Business.

Land Rover owners seem to know a lot about different vehicles. Any help would be appreciated ______________________________________

Has anyone had experience of the Ford Explorer Self levelling suspension.

My 2000 North Face is sitting Low at the rear and I have been advised that the rear shocks may need to be replaced. They come at a hefty price £ 200+ per shock!!! That is a shock Fitting on top.

Many thanks

Ian

Reply to
IanL

If it's a shock absorber on it's own it will have no effect on ride height.

But has the Explorer got the shocker combined with a spring or some other height varying device?

Reply to
Dougal

Hi Dougal

I am not sure. I will have to look when it is up on a ramp. I am led to believe that these shock have a connection to the self levelling suspension - hence the cost. But I will have to get confirmation. The suggestion came from a Ford Main dealer over the phone. They have replaced a few in the past.

Reply to
IanL