Ohh the irony of it all

Hi guys,

Sorry to re-fuel (no pun intended) the road tax debate.

It has just been pointed out to me that the extra tax collected by the treasury will be going to fund the military activities in Iraq an Afghanistan.

This means that extra road tax payed for our "gas guzzlers", because they spew too much CO2 will be spent buying fuel and parts for heavy artilary (tanks and the like) that measures fuel comsuption in Gallons Per Mile!!!!! (some tanks do one mile to every 4 gallons of fuel)

They also put low grade and dirty fuel in some of them too.

haaaarr haaarr haaaarr

Reply to
Vertuas

In a previous thread about road tax etc you inferred your TD4 was 240 'whatsits'/km which I found strange and it had me hopping off to check my Reg Doc ....... mine is 205 'whatsits'/km. So this would mean we have the same car and are in different VED bands (I think) ....... so I am either wrong or confused or both.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Hi Richard

I got the figure from Carfueldata.org.uk, followinf a link from the DVLA website.

I selected

Manufacturer : Landrover Model : Freelander Fuel Type : Diesel Specification : 2.0 (06 MY) A5

The result comes out at

Manufacturer & Model Transmission Fuel Type CO2 Emissions (g/km) Euro Standard * III, IV (Highest) More Info... LAND ROVER Freelander 2.0 (06 MY) A5 Diesel 240 III More Info...

A friend of mine has a freelander TD (bit newer than ours) which he says is Band F also.

I better check the log book out I think!!!!

Thanks for that.

Reply to
vertuas

sorry, i copied some data direct from the webpage....it looked ok until i posted it.

Website says 240 g/km co2 to cut it short

Reply to
vertuas

The "whatsits" are grams. Not that confusing, surely? :)

It's quite a surprising amount, when you think about it - A Land Cruiser

4.7 V8 pushes out 387g/km which is well over a quarter of a ton of CO2 per tank of fuel!
Reply to
Madhatchetsbrother

Well in the other thread the guy posted (on 21/03/07) 240mg/km, and I knew he had both the number and units wrong. So I put 'whatsits' to draw attention to the units error also. I suppose my split thread approach didn't help you but never mind.

It is a straightforward enough calculation but probably easier for some if the units are correct, namely g instead of mg.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Damn it!

I can't be right all the time

;o)

Reply to
vertuas

On or around Sat, 24 Mar 2007 08:38:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@none.com (Madhatchetsbrother) enlightened us thusly:

someone today was saying that they have a 1600 daewoo which, were it new, would be band G. do what!?!?

Reply to
Austin Shackles