Oi Lee - Did you go f'roading this weekend? (or did anybody else go to silverdale?)

since there are a couple of other locals on here too - Did anyone go to silverdale this weekend just gone?

Was it any good?

In was too busy wearing out my aldi air chisel digging some lovely asbestos soil pipes out of concrete!.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Nah, working noons so never got a chance. :-(

Not enough hours in the day at the minute. A load of the gotmud crew will have gone though. add .co.uk ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

That's odd ... I can't view that site. It says I am banned?!?! How very very odd. I must have aquired someone elses IP that is on a ban list somewhere. Hey ho. I'll try next time it dishes me out a new IP.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Theyre not people who you've offended on mudclub who don't like you? ;)

I cant work out if that site is supposed to be a regional one or if it is trying to be mud-club?

Reply to
Tom Woods

It's not supposed to be anything, it's just a forum. It's not intended as a rip of of mcuk, there is far less bitching (sad truth!) simply a small cluster of like minded peeps some of whom have become fed up of bickering on other forums equally as much as the admins on those forums no doubt. Many members have a foot in both camps (and many others) a bit like regularly attending several different pubs depending on your mood / need.

It's similarly minded folk to those on mud club, a great many though are from our patch. They went out laning only last night, sadly I was at work.

Only visitor I recall being publically barred was one who started trying to use a splatted gun effect against off road and greenway users. Have you a dark side Neil? ;-) Wonder if they have banned a group of IP's rather than one specific one? Being a free hosted forum it often has "moments" of unavailability...but hey!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I wasn't meaning to diss it Lee! ;)

Just not sure the world needs another *mud* site, and couldn't find a description of what their 'aim'/mission statement was on the web page.

If it is intended to be mainly regional for here then i think its a great idea! ;)

The free hosted forums seem to be mainly s**te! well worth paying a few quid/month and doing it properly and without the annoying ads.

Reply to
Tom Woods

??>> It's not supposed to be anything, it's just a forum. It's not intended ??>> as a rip of of mcuk, there is far less bitching (sad truth!) simply a ??>> small cluster of like minded peeps some of whom have become fed up of ??>> bickering on other forums equally as much as the admins on those ??>> forums no doubt

Amusingly, that is why I started mud-club. I was fed up of committees and bickering. Those who can remember a bit further back in time will kow what I am talking about ;)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Hehe, not on the interweb :) It looks like a reset of my router at home has released by IP and I can see the forum now. I recall from when we were on phpbb the ban-o-tron was dubious (and we had complete control of our site!).

Reply to
Neil Brownlee