Oi Lee you would? wouldn't you

ponderous in this clip but I bet it would give then the willies nipping down the shops for a loaf and a bottle of milk.Derek

Reply to
Derek

Yep, really heavy a FC 101 6x6...? Off course any, I said 'any', light weight 4x4 would do better in those circumstances. Nice video though. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

Tis Mr French's motor. He pops in here (afl) now and then. He claims the bar grips let the side down but I happen to have good information that suggests he really stopped to put the plates back on the welsh dresser ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 5 Jan 2006 00:31:52 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

and it's doing quite well, at that. Must weigh about 4 tons...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Standard Ambi weighs just under 3 tons unladen, so i'd guess thats about right. I'm just wondering wether it's got a compensator link between the rear pair of springs (you know, one wheel up, one wheel down, Scammel-style) and if not, wether it should have....

alex

Reply to
Alex

Alex uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Martyn has a few snaps here with it's previous keeper.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Kin eck, topical too being exactly 3 years ago I took them!

Reply to
Mother

On or around Thu, 05 Jan 2006 17:38:50 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

no and yes, ISTR. It's got 2x standard rear suspension. Dunno if a compensator thing could be fitted, if so it'd probably improve its off-road ability a bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It piqued my interest as thats the first 6x6 101 I've seen .Are there many about odd tho' I see plenty of 'normal' 101's on my travels my pal even gets his coal delivered on one when the tracks get sticky but not a single 6 wheeler..yet Derek

Reply to
Derek

I've seen it done on a 6x6 Series IIB FC at billing, had the two close ends of the leaves on a each end of short bit (12") of box which was pivoted in the centre. Havn't seen it in action, but information i have from researching shows that such a link defenitly improves ride quality, as well as elimitating braking difficulties.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Unless someone else has converted thier 101, I think it's safe to say it's unique. Perhaps it's time to post this old chesnut again:

And before we have a repeat of last time, NO, it doesn't exist

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Seems an elaborate URL for a 404 :)

Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Fri, 06 Jan 2006 07:21:05 -0000, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

w*rks here.

I seem to have lost my picture of 2 101s joined back-to-back, with a cab at each end.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ahh - here too, now - nicely done.

hrmm - ISTR recall seeing that some time ago - maybe it was a night-mare :)

Reply to
William Tasso

Dr Doolittle around here?

Reply to
GbH

There are two others, one in Spain.

You may have updated that with the new wheels... :-)

Reply to
Mother

There were no factory 101 6x6s made. There are a few conversions that people have made, I know of three, the one David now has was built by a chap called Kevin Winn, another in Spain (the 101 clubs Spanish rep) and another in the South West UK somewhere - but that's a true beast, with just about every mod that could be made...

Reply to
Mother

Have a double ended Bedford bus instead then.

EMB

No, i don't like your new wheels, i think they're overdone, too big and quite gay.

;)

Alex

Reply to
Alex