Oil Cooler

I want to remove the Oil cooler and Oil Pressure guage on my IIa. Any recommendations on the best method to blank the pipes off so i dont have to totally remove them (and replace the sump)

Thanks

Reply to
evelyn snowling

I'm not sure why you would wish to do that but bear the following in mind - it may not be as simple as you think:

If this is the factory-designed installation the engine oil pressure relief valve at the oil pump has it's relief setting increased and another relief valve is mounted on the front-mounted oil cooler to deal with normal day-to-day pressure control. The only oil that gets cooled is that relieved past the cooler-mounted valve.

If you disconnect the oil cooler you take the functional relief valve out of the system and are left only with the increased relief valve which is there for cold oil protection. Your normal oil pressure could then be very high.

Reply to
Dougal

The cooler that is fitted is off a LDV its a small aluminium one about 3" high.

Reply to
evelyn snowling

evelyn snowling wrote: :: I want to remove the Oil cooler and Oil Pressure guage on my IIa. Any :: recommendations on the best method to blank the pipes off so i dont :: have to totally remove them (and replace the sump) :: :: Thanks

Is it one of those bolts with a hole down the middle? If it is take the bolt out, thread the hole, put a little bolt inside, put bolt back, job done. and when you need it again just take the little bolt out again.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel