Oil filter

So....I just changed the oil & filter on the RR '88 3.5 efi.

Is anything straight forward on these things??? Whats this I read about certain types of filter (anti-drain etc) I ask because I thought I was doing right by using Genuine Land Rover oil filter. But it seems almost half the size of the BOSCH one that I took off. Wouldn't bigger be better in an oil filter? more filtration material one would imagine. It seems from the Bosch info on the web they do have the anti-drain bits in there. Genuine it seems isn't always best, there seems to be plenty of anti-genuine thoughts on plug leads and the like.

I'd like some opinions as I'm going to change them again soon. I'm trying in vain probably to flush it through a bit- not sure how often any oil changes were done before I got it, not many judging by the sight through the filler cap!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

Don't leave it off for too long, or you'll let the oil drain out of the pump, meaning you'll have to re-prime it by packing it full of petroluem jelly. (Well, that's the gist of it - more technical details from anyone?)

Macca

Reply to
Macca