Oil leak cured!!!

Bloody great oil leak on the 110 sorted, thought it was gonna be big money - turned out to be a split rocker cover gasket!!! The whole of the underside is blathered in oil so it aint gonna rust!!

Gonna get to it with the full service & springs & dampers this next week. Then, the only thing that really needs doing is the gearbox. Might leave that until my wife's new car comes & I get my Subaru back as the daily ride! I am going to do the gearbox job myself I reckon.

Might chuck a new exhaust on it as it's buzzing & rattling at the back end on the over run.

Given the condition of the thing I think I got it for a decent price really, a few hundred quid will transform it too.

Should be top drawer for the unofficial in October!

-- Ta!

Nige

Subaru WRX (54) Land Rover Turbo Diesel 110 (G) KTM 520 SX (2001)

Reply to
Nige

turned out to be a split

aint gonna rust!!

Then, the only thing that

comes & I get my Subaru back

the over run.

few hundred quid will

Were the front suspension bushes on your list? They're probably more worthwhile doing than springs and the exhaust.

Reply to
Dougal

to it with the full

for a decent

The springs are well shagged & the dampers are even worse!!!

Do you mean the radius arm bushes etc? They look quite new & they have escaped the oil bath!!!!

It does drive very well with just a bit of steering play. I'll sort that as i get going.

-- Ta!

Nige

Subaru WRX (54) Land Rover Turbo Diesel 110 (G) KTM 520 SX (2001)

Reply to
Nige

I deliberately missed out the dampers - usually a worthwhile improvement.

the oil bath!!!!

Yes. Perhaps they're recent. Try levering the radius arm sideways in the 'slot'. If the bush is stiff, the arm centres reliably in the 'slot' your judgement is probably correct. Tighten the bolts when you're under there: loose bolts don't allow the rubber to do much of its work.

Reply to
Dougal