Oil light question URGENT

Hope some of you folks can shed some light on this.

Defender Tdi 300 Just had oil/filter change. Now oil light stays on. Swapped oil sender unit with known working one. Oil light stays on just the same. Now I don't know if oil light was on before as I went to pick it up today as new purchase. Did all documentation etc then noticed oil light. It has a new filter, and golden oil. What you folk think? Low oil pressure? Cant be wiring as it lights up, at least that is my thought. Stu

Reply to
tomtom

tomtom uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Daft / obvious question..... sump plug back in?

Reply to
Lee_D

Does the light go out with the sender disconnected? If it does, there is no oil pressure, if it does not, it is a shorted wire.

JD

Reply to
JD

Does the pump selfprime the system atfer a drain down/filter change. ISTR various comments about prefilling filters...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:07:26 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

AFAIK the 300 TDi does. it's the V8s that are iffy.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well, seems to be oil pressure, approx 25lb at tickover going to 65lb.with revs. Dont know if that is right or not. Friend did it with test guage. Put NEW sender unit on it and it still lights up. I dare not use it really until I get to the bottom of it. Getting a bit foxed as surely there can be no electrical fault as if I disconnect the wire to the sender the light goes out!!! Stuart

Reply to
tomtom