oil switch

Hi guys,

quick question regarding oil preasure wiring - how it works?

Is it a positive feed which turns off the earth under the preasure?

Reply to
Rog

Yes :-)

Or more simplistically when there is no pressure there is no earth.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Really?

I always imagined a positive (assuming neg earth car) went to one side of the bulb (via ign switch). Other side of the bulb goes to earth via the oil pressure swith.

Thus when there is no pressure the switch contacts are closed and the bulb IS earthed.

When there is oil pressure, switch contacts open and there is no earth, thus bulb extinguishes.

David

Reply to
rads

Thanks Lee,

But Im now confused, dont those two statements conflict? or was it a typo?

Should it be:

when there IS preasure, there is No earth?

or

When there is NO preasure there IS an earth

Just gonna plumb in my own line as my (very old) wiring loom has seen better days.

Reply to
Rog

whoops

Yes and Yes..

Well spotted.....

when there is no pressure there is AN earth.

Somethings are so simple its confusing :-)

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Wired up new switch now, many thanks Lee - much agreement with statement of "somethings are so simple its confusing!"

Reply to
Rog